Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC Sensation 4G: shuts down without warning

So i have an HTC Sensation 4G. The phone still functions as it should, except one thing. It will shut down on it's own. I does not matter what i am doing on the phones, or how long it has been off the charger. It's one thing if it shut down, then powered back on. But instead the battery drops to over half the % it was, for example if it was at 90%, it drops to 45% without warning. Then it takes about 10 tries of taking the battery out and putting it back in to get it to come back on. It really starts to get annoying when I'm in the middle of a call and it does it. Especially since i have to make calls for my business on it. I've attached a screenshot of what happens to the battery. Any help to try and fix this is appreciated. I currently have an anker 1900 mAh battery. I am going to try and put the original in it, and see if that makes a difference. This should not happen, and no one else i know who has an android phone(which is about 50% of the people i know), don't have this problem.HTC Sensation 4G: shuts down without warning-2013-10-05_13-29-49.png
    A geek about phones and computers.

Default Re: HTC Sensation 4G: shuts down without warning

Maybe the battery needs to be replaced--have you tried a new one? You can test your current battery by taking it out, laying it on a table, and spinning it. If it spins freely (i.e., bulging in middle), that means it's going bad.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Put the original back in it...happened today........the original battery life really sucks, and hen i get home at 5:30 it's down to 20%. That is pretty bad in my book.

Sorry, I didn't catch in your original post that you were already using a replacement Anker battery. How old is it? It might still be worth trying another new replacement battery.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Well the anker battery spins freely, the original makes the problem even worse...like about 4 times today it has done it, and i have only taken it out 5 times to use today.....it's pissing me off. I had this same problem last year and the only way i fixed it was doing a factory reset on the phone. I don;t want to go thought that all again if i don't absolutely have to. I' going to uninstall every app i do not absolutely use, and see if that helps. Hopefully t-mobile will give me an upgrade soon, my mom is the one that pays the phone bill so i will heck with her, i asked today and she doesn't have time at work, so hopefully in the next few weeks i will get an lg g2 and not have theses issues. My sensation volume rocker broke off, the power button is about to break too i think, and im surprised the screen is still one piece considering all my other problems. Cleaning the cache helps for a day or so. And the battery is not hot when it happens.