Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By eshropshire
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Tablet Dilemma

Sooooooooooo..........

Im looking to get a 10 inch tablet and i dont know which way to lean, samsung (Who i generally hate for touchwiz, but they do make an astounding product for tablets) the ipad, or windows? as far as android goes its had to see the benefits when there are so few choices for it to my knowledge, i wanna keep it for awhile and i know with ipad updates and upgrades wont be an issue, but i REALLY like windows 8 on the tablets for their functionality..........what about you guys, whats yourtake on the 3? what do you guys have? whats your experinces. just interestedin the discussion.
    OG Droid > BB Tour (Verizon) > Evo 3D > Evo 4G LTE > Galaxy S3 (Sprint) > HTC One (Sprint)

Default Re: Tablet Dilema

On this Android forum, you're likely going to get recommendations for mostly Android tablets (and probably a fair number of iPad recommendations as well). In regards to 10" Android tablets, you're not just limited to Samsung. The outgoing Nexus 10 (which actually is made by Samsung, but doesn't have all of the TouchWiz bells & whistles) is still a solid tablet, and can be found for around $350 these days from various sellers (new, not refurbished). Asus also makes some decent 10" tablets like the MeMO Pad 10 FHD. And Lenovo's upcoming Yoga 10 HD+ has been getting some good press (coming soon).

Default Re: Tablet Dilema

I have a Samsung table and phone, I agree with you on Touchwiz I find it slow and clunky. I use Nova Launcher Prime on both devices. I find it works great, provides a lot of great configuration options and it fast.
    Chosen414 likes this.

Default Re: Tablet Dilemma

You should check out the Dell venue pro series. They come in 8 and 11 inch. Really nice and great functionality and run the full windows 8 suite. If you do the regular dell venue series in the same sizes those are android powered. I suggest either the venue pro is around 300-350 for the 8 in.

Posted via Android Central App