- 12 Posts
I received a phone call tonight (recorded message) from 800 697-9240 informing me that i should go to the website ATTforfree.com to claim my bill credits.
I immediately knew this was a phishing scam when my browser informed me to not go to that website and i knew at&t would not call me from some random number.
Be careful out there dont get scammed. I am concerned however that the scammers have my new phone number.
- 03-11-2014, 10:32 PM #2
- 03-11-2014, 10:32 PM #3
- 03-12-2014, 06:15 AM #5
Re: Phishing Scam
I simply never pick up ringing unknown numbers. So they automatically slip into my voicemail (which does not mention my name!). If it is important they will leave a message and I can call them back. Funnily – or not – they very rarely do leave a message...!
- By Almarez in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 5Last Post: 12-12-2013, 10:12 AM
- By CeriMeechanxo in forum Samsung Galaxy S IIReplies: 1Last Post: 10-15-2013, 05:42 PM
- By Scubacollie in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 15Last Post: 10-09-2013, 06:42 PM
- By Nychotxxx in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 7Last Post: 08-02-2013, 06:27 AM
- By Scott Grande in forum HTC One M7Replies: 8Last Post: 04-30-2013, 11:29 PM