- 12 Posts
I received a phone call tonight (recorded message) from 800 697-9240 informing me that i should go to the website ATTforfree.com to claim my bill credits.
I immediately knew this was a phishing scam when my browser informed me to not go to that website and i knew at&t would not call me from some random number.
Be careful out there dont get scammed. I am concerned however that the scammers have my new phone number.
- 03-11-2014, 10:32 PM #2
Re: Phishing Scam
I would report it to AT&T. They might want to know that.
Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
- 03-11-2014, 10:32 PM #3“Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson
In September of 2014 comes the greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone. Unlock bootloader, flash recovery, root, and more. Open sourced, powerful, powered by the cloud via SSL, and best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!
- 03-12-2014, 06:15 AM #5
Re: Phishing Scam
I simply never pick up ringing unknown numbers. So they automatically slip into my voicemail (which does not mention my name!). If it is important they will leave a message and I can call them back. Funnily – or not – they very rarely do leave a message...!
Last edited by Ealevenish; 03-12-2014 at 06:26 AM.
- By Almarez in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 5Last Post: 12-12-2013, 10:12 AM
- By CeriMeechanxo in forum Samsung Galaxy S IIReplies: 1Last Post: 10-15-2013, 05:42 PM
- By Scubacollie in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 15Last Post: 10-09-2013, 06:42 PM
- By Nychotxxx in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 7Last Post: 08-02-2013, 06:27 AM
- By Scott Grande in forum HTC OneReplies: 8Last Post: 04-30-2013, 11:29 PM