Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I cannot setup e-mail

I cannot setup e-mail on my Samsung Ace 3 S7275R phone. I have put the correct Information. My e-mail works on my pc.

Global Posts
    198 Global Posts

Default Re: I cannot setup e-mail

Quote Originally Posted by marios1441 View Post
    I cannot setup e-mail on my Samsung Ace 3 S7275R phone. I have put the correct Information. My e-mail works on my pc.
    what email are you trying to set up? what error coming up?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I'm trying to set up a POP3 e-mail for incoming messages and SMTP e-mail for outcoming messages from my Internet service provider. I get the error: 'Error checking identity'.

Global Posts
    198 Global Posts

I'm trying to set up a POP3 e-mail for incoming messages and SMTP e-mail for outcoming messages from my Internet service provider. I get the error: 'Error checking identity'.
    Can you be more specific? Who is your provider?

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by aspot72 View Post
    Can you be more specific? Who is your provider?

My provider is Cablenet on Cyprus country.

Global Posts
    198 Global Posts

My provider is Cablenet on Cyprus country.
    Ok. Few things...
    1) Are you a home or business user?
    2) Are you using the built in email app or 3rd party? If you using built in email app try set up your mail as Exchange (when adding new account it give you option in dropdown menu).
    If it fail try Other ( from dropdown menu). I see that Cablenet use .me so it may need more specific set up.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Ok. Few things...
    1) Are you a home or business user?
    2) Are you using the built in email app or 3rd party? If you using built in email app try set up your mail as Exchange (when adding new account it give you option in dropdown menu).
    If it fail try Other ( from dropdown menu). I see that Cablenet use .me so it may need more specific set up.
    I'm a home user. I'm using the built in e-mail app. What is Exchange? If you mean whether is protected or not, i tried all, also my provider told me to select 'unprotected'.
    If i don't make it to fix it then suggest me a third-party e-mail app.

Global Posts
    198 Global Posts

I'm a home user. I'm using the built in e-mail app. What is Exchange? If you mean whether is protected or not, i tried all, also my provider told me to select 'unprotected'.
    If i don't make it to fix it then suggest me a third-party e-mail app.
    When you add new email address in the Menu-Setting -Account it should give you option to choose. Try Exchange. I have not tried, but K9mail.

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

When you add new email address in the Menu-Setting -Account it should give you option to choose. Try Exchange. I have not tried, but K9mail.

There is only an option for Microsoft Exchange Sync which i tried and not working.

Exchange is typically used in the corporate world, it is not the same as POP 3 for home use. You MAY need an alternate email client to access POP email. Another poster suggested K9, I've heard lots of good about that one but never tried it myself.

Also, if you go into Settings on your device (not in the mail app), then choose Accounts and then Add Account, do you have an option for Corporate and one for Email? If so, choose the Email one then set it up as your provider suggested.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by hallux View Post
    Exchange is typically used in the corporate world, it is not the same as POP 3 for home use. You MAY need an alternate email client to access POP email. Another poster suggested K9, I've heard lots of good about that one but never tried it myself.

Also, if you go into Settings on your device (not in the mail app), then choose Accounts and then Add Account, do you have an option for Corporate and one for Email? If so, choose the Email one then set it up as your provider suggested.
    I tried the steps and K9 and no result from those.