Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By zorak950
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google Wallet Killing 2.5%

I just got an email from Google telling me that Google Wallet touch to pay (NFC) will only work with 4.4 Kitkat devices. That is only 2.5% of android devices! This is going to kill it! My 4.3 Jellybean device will stop working at McDonalds on 4/14/2014. That is going to P.O. the stores as they lose the 45 % or so of us that use Jellybean. Google is pulling a Microsoft here... Did Google hire Balmer as. Consultant on this???

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Default Re: Google Wallet Killing 2.5% ***** Move

Unfortunately, you're one of... almost nobody that actually uses Google Wallet in its current form to pay for things at point of sale. Google probably figures that it has more to gain by re-inventing Wallet with HCE than by appeasing its tiny existing user base.
    Synycalwon likes this.

Default Re: Google Wallet Killing 2.5% ***** Move

I am hoping I can just not upgrade the app and keep using it like I have been.
    I agree though, this is really annoying, I like the "tap and pay" (NFC) option, that's the only thing I use google wallet for, if they remove that I'll stop using it.