Another phone suggestion plox thread

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
After a week of researching, I keep finding new information, which makes the decisions harder. So I have decided to appeal to the collective wisdom to save me more headache.

Looking for a new phone. 2 set of conditions: 1. Move UP from Atrix 2. Better processor, screen size, memory (ram & rom). Hardly a difficult condition in itself but... 2. Must be less than $200 (prefer closer to $150). Must have good battery life. Prefer ~5 inch*. (*said no woman ever... badumtish)

Why so fussy? I'm not a spec junkie so I'm happy to keep my phone for 2-3 years as long as it keeps running smoothly (which the Atrix 2 did wonderfully). So I want something that'll last a couple on years in terms of both build quality and performance.

To give an idea of what comes close: Moto G, Optimus G E970, Blu Life Play, Asus Zenfone 5.

Moto G: I really want a bigger screen and when I handled one, 4.5 is really not that noticeable from 4.3. Plus I keep reading how crap the camera is. Else it would be perfect.
E970: There was some promo on Amazon and ebay and it was selling as low as $150-180. If I can find that price right now, I would snap it up in a heartbeat. All reviews point to a fast, smooth, stable, good battery life phone. So currently price is the only thing holding me back.
Blu Life Play: Good performance reviews, but concerns about battery life and build quality.
Zenfone: Not released. And I need a phone soon. My cheap temporary phone keeps reminding me how PAINFUL it is to text with old school buttons. I miss swype :'(

So what I'm really looking for is suggestions on phones with similar performance and price that are certainly out there but there's too many for me to find them all.

Help me internet!

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
After a week of researching, I keep finding new information, which makes the decisions harder. So I have decided to appeal to the collective wisdom to save me more headache.

Looking for a new phone. 2 set of conditions: 1. Move UP from Atrix 2. Better processor, screen size, memory (ram & rom). Hardly a difficult condition in itself but... 2. Must be less than $200 (prefer closer to $150). Must have good battery life. Prefer ~5 inch*. (*said no woman ever... badumtish)

Why so fussy? I'm not a spec junkie so I'm happy to keep my phone for 2-3 years as long as it keeps running smoothly (which the Atrix 2 did wonderfully). So I want something that'll last a couple on years in terms of both build quality and performance.

To give an idea of what comes close: Moto G, Optimus G E970, Blu Life Play, Asus Zenfone 5.

Moto G: I really want a bigger screen and when I handled one, 4.5 is really not that noticeable from 4.3. Plus I keep reading how crap the camera is. Else it would be perfect.
E970: There was some promo on Amazon and ebay and it was selling as low as $150-180. If I can find that price right now, I would snap it up in a heartbeat. All reviews point to a fast, smooth, stable, good battery life phone. So currently price is the only thing holding me back.
Blu Life Play: Good performance reviews, but concerns about battery life and build quality.
Zenfone: Not released. And I need a phone soon. My cheap temporary phone keeps reminding me how PAINFUL it is to text with old school buttons. I miss swype :'(

So what I'm really looking for is suggestions on phones with similar performance and price that are certainly out there but there's too many for me to find them all.

Help me internet!
Nothing out right now in that price range better than the Moto G. All of them have crap cameras compared to the current flagships, but they are probably a lot better than your Atrix camera. Moto G will probably get the best support.

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Agreed, go with the moto g. There's no phone in that price range that's half as good as the moto g. You may wish to go with the unlocked play edition though, since were unsure how lenovo will do with updates. With the play edition you at least have Google doing the direct updates.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Agreed, go with the moto g. There's no phone in that price range that's half as good as the moto g. You may wish to go with the unlocked play edition though, since were unsure how lenovo will do with updates. With the play edition you at least have Google doing the direct updates.
Google does not do the updates on GPE devices. Everyone thinks that, but it isn't true...Google just distributes them. The actual updates still have to be put together by the vendors.

It sucks. It's not the way it should be IMO. But thats how it currently works.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12