Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Which version of Android did you start with? Which version are you using today?

I started with Android FROYO 2.2.1 which was really simple to root and customize, not to mention just how easy it was to tether. I'm currently running Android Kit Kat 4.4.2 rooting and unlocking the bootloader is a little more difficult and tethering is hit or miss depending on which phone you have. I have been through every version of Android since 2.2.1 (except Honeycomb) and it's been a nice ride watching this OS grow up.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    22,120 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Which version of Android did you start with? Which version are you using today?

Gingerbread 2.3.5 on my Sprint Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch. 3.0 is the only OS I hadn't seen. And yes, it has been fun watching Android grow and change.
    I am currently on 4.4.2 or 4.2.2, depending which phone I use.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Default Re: Which version of Android did you start with? Which version are you using today?

Started with froyo on my Thunderbolt, my note 3 is on 4.3

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

My first phone, which was running FROYO 2.2.1 was an LG Optimus V, I'm currently running Kit Kat 4.4.2 on my HTC DROID DNA.

Posted with my HTC Droid DNA using the NuSenseONE MAX ROM 5.5/4.4.2 via Android Central App

Eclair 2.0 on my Motorola Droid, the 1st Android phone on Verizon. Currently using an LG G2 running 4.2 and impatiently waiting for the update to kitkat.

Edit: forgot to include my Nexus 7 which is running KitKat 4.4.2

My first Android powered phone was the Nexus One running 2.1 Eclair. I remember a few short months later when 2.2 Froyo was announced and people were going nuts because you could use Adobe Flash Player and the JIT which promised speed improvements.

I am now on a SGS3 which I just can't seem to give up. I'm running 4.4 Kitkat and the phone is still going really strong. It really does amaze me how far and mature Android has become. Kitkat is worlds apart from Eclair and I am excited to see what's next. And the fact that they are so different is what really makes me love Android over iOS.

Global Posts
    347 Global Posts

HTC Incredible running Gingerbread 2.3 was my first. Now a galaxy s4 running 4.3. It has been a great experience growing with each update.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts

Froyo on some terrible Coby tablet. Nexus 5 today.

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by ajpri View Post
    Froyo on some terrible Coby tablet. Nexus 5 today.

I had one of those Coby tablets, even after rooting it I still didn't like it.

Posted with my HTC Droid DNA using the NuSenseONE MAX ROM 5.5/4.4.2 via Android Central App

2.0.1 on my Motorola Droid. I got most updates up to 2.3.6 between it and my Droid X2. I then skipped to 4.2.2 with my S4 and I'm on some version of 4.3 now.

Started with Gingerbread 2.3 on my Nexus S then ICS with my Galaxy Nexus. Now using Kit Kat 4.4.2 with my Nexus 7.

Posted with my Nexus 7 via Android Central App

The first I played around with was Android 1.0 on a relative's T-Mobile G1 (HTC Dream outside the US).

The first that was my own was 4.0.4 on my Galaxy S3, upgraded to 4.4 (Root/ROM).

My current Android tablet is on 4.2.2.

Xperia Mini with 2.3 Gingerbread...then it was updated to ICS not long after i bought it!

but i spent some time away from Android as i had a 620 for one year...now i'm on 4.4.2 Kitkat on my Moto G!

sent from my Moto G <3

Samsung Galaxy Rush..ics 4.04 then 4.1.2 for my first.
    Samsung Galaxy S3 4.3 right now.

Sent from the lions_lair in, Galaxy S3 SPH-L710

1.6 Donut on an Archos 5 IT

Eclair on the Droid X.

Now 4.4.2 on the Moto X.
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,783 Global Posts

Personal use? Eclair on the original DROID.

But at my old gaming job, we had Cupcake and Donut devices.

Both of my current active devices (Moto X, Nexus 7 (2012) have Android 4.4.2 KitKat.

Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

My first phone was a Droid RAZR M, so I started out on Jelly Bean.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Quote Originally Posted by neonworm View Post
    My first phone was a Droid RAZR M, so I started out on Jelly Bean.
    Same phone I got my wife. I need to unlock the bootloader and put Kit Kat 4.4.2 on the phone for her.

neonworm likes this.

I started with the HTC Evo 4G (Froyo, Gingerbread) to a Samsung Note 3 (Jelly Bean, Kit Kat).
    Sent from The Samsung Note 3, I eat apples!
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

This is every version of Android that I have run to date. Anyone else remember all of their different versions?

Needless to say, rooting made up at least half of Android versions being used.

I started on 2.1 Eclair on a Samsung Gem and Now I have 4.4.2. on my Moto X. Such is progress.

Posted via Moto X or Droid RAZR M on the Android Central App

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    ROM
    Creamed Glacier

Posted via
    jdevenberg likes this.

I started with 2.0 Ecalir. However I also used 1.6 Donut. I always have the latest Android version since I only buy unlocked bootloader phones. I still feel Android 2.0 is more advance than iOS7.1.

Started on 4.4, I then worked my way up to 4.4.2, is been a long road but I think I'm in it fit the long haul. That .2 added such a personal touch that I won't ever look at a blackberry the same.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast