Anybody use a tablet or smartpen for note-taking in meetings??

drew4392

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
The idea of replacing pen and paper with a tablet or smartpen is appealing. I'd really like to understand the practicality and real-world experience from those that have made this change.

Able to maintain professionalism throughout meeting? Not distracting, like a bright glowing screen, noises, etc.

Do you save notes as an image file/PDF, or do you transcribe to editable and searchable text?

More efficient, overall?

Any and all feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I haven't but I do know some coworkers that use a tablet for notes since they can type fast on it.. They used to use their laptops but have since replaced them with the tablets.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

drew4392

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Ahh so they type with the onboard or attached physical keyboard? I was thinking more of handwriting with a stylus via evernote, OneNote, snote, etc.

For some reason, I think of typing as less professional and personal than handwriting.

Thoughts?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Ealevenish

Banned
Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
For some reason, I think of typing as less professional and personal than handwriting.

Does it matter? Who else but you would (have to) see those notes? Isn't the point whether one m.o. is more efficient than the other?
Unless you're not a hot typist and therefore prefer to write manually.
In that case I would use one of those apps that convert handwritten notes into typeset. For legibility (I know my own handwriting... and don't trust it). You see those apps a lot on the Samsung devices with an S-pen.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I tried using a Note Pro 12.2 to take notes with in meetings. I couldn't do it. Glass does not feel like paper when writing. That's why I went back to typing. And if everyone else is also using a laptop it's not unprofessional or distracting at all.

_X_

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
For years I use to take notes with a pen on Windows phones on PDA. Before tablets and smartphones got popular. What has happened since is predictive text has gotten amazingly good. I find that today I can type far faster, more accurate, and more legible than writing with a pen. Another plus is that I'm a horrible speller and predictive text helps me out there as well.

I have a Note 3 and primarily bought it for the pen. But I don't use it to write where the pen is much better is drawing, math and taking quick short notes.

_X_

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Do you save notes as an image file/PDF, or do you transcribe to editable and searchable text?
No , the note 3 has and awesome app called S-note that integrates perfectly with Evernote. So any note I draw gets uploaded as an image and OCRed by Evernote. So I can search for it later, file it, tag it ,etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22