Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kevin O'Quinn
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

Question Anybody use a tablet or smartpen for note-taking in meetings??

The idea of replacing pen and paper with a tablet or smartpen is appealing. I'd really like to understand the practicality and real-world experience from those that have made this change.

Able to maintain professionalism throughout meeting? Not distracting, like a bright glowing screen, noises, etc.

Do you save notes as an image file/PDF, or do you transcribe to editable and searchable text?

More efficient, overall?

Any and all feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

Default Re: Anybody use a tablet or smartpen for note-taking in meetings??

I haven't but I do know some coworkers that use a tablet for notes since they can type fast on it.. They used to use their laptops but have since replaced them with the tablets.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

Ahh so they type with the onboard or attached physical keyboard? I was thinking more of handwriting with a stylus via evernote, OneNote, snote, etc.

For some reason, I think of typing as less professional and personal than handwriting.

Thoughts?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
    Banned

Global Posts
    154 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drew4392 View Post
    For some reason, I think of typing as less professional and personal than handwriting.
    Does it matter? Who else but you would (have to) see those notes? Isn't the point whether one m.o. is more efficient than the other?
    Unless you're not a hot typist and therefore prefer to write manually.
    In that case I would use one of those apps that convert handwritten notes into typeset. For legibility (I know my own handwriting... and don't trust it). You see those apps a lot on the Samsung devices with an S-pen.
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,181 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I tried using a Note Pro 12.2 to take notes with in meetings. I couldn't do it. Glass does not feel like paper when writing. That's why I went back to typing. And if everyone else is also using a laptop it's not unprofessional or distracting at all.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
    Thanked by:
    A895 
    A895 likes this.
    _X_

Global Posts
    639 Global Posts

For years I use to take notes with a pen on Windows phones on PDA. Before tablets and smartphones got popular. What has happened since is predictive text has gotten amazingly good. I find that today I can type far faster, more accurate, and more legible than writing with a pen. Another plus is that I'm a horrible speller and predictive text helps me out there as well.

I have a Note 3 and primarily bought it for the pen. But I don't use it to write where the pen is much better is drawing, math and taking quick short notes.
    _X_

Global Posts
    639 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drew4392 View Post
    Do you save notes as an image file/PDF, or do you transcribe to editable and searchable text?
    No , the note 3 has and awesome app called S-note that integrates perfectly with Evernote. So any note I draw gets uploaded as an image and OCRed by Evernote. So I can search for it later, file it, tag it ,etc.