Slow speed

marios1441

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I have a Samsung Ace 3 S7275R mobile phone and is slow and choppy/jerky on the home screen and in the apps selection pages (when going left and right you change apps page) and that is slow and some times iresponsive. This problem only happens on home screen and app selection pages and not anywhere else. What should i do to fix it? Also how i clear the cache of those two things above?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have a Samsung Ace 3 S7275R mobile phone and is slow and choppy/jerky on the home screen and in the apps selection pages (when going left and right you change apps page) and that is slow and some times iresponsive. This problem only happens on home screen and app selection pages and not anywhere else. What should i do to fix it? Also how i clear the cache of those two things above?

Try Settings>application manager>TouchWiz Home>clear cache.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Try clearing cache on recovery. Turn the phone off then press the home and volume down button and power button simultaneously to go into recovery

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

marios1441

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Try clearing cache on recovery. Turn the phone off then press the home and volume down button and power button simultaneously to go into recovery

I tried to clearing the cache on recovery and a message saying 'error' appeared and the phone restarted. What should i do or what program i can use to clear this system cache? I also used a program that is clearing the apps cache.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I tried to clearing the cache on recovery and a message saying 'error' appeared and the phone restarted. What should i do or what program i can use to clear this system cache? I also used a program that is clearing the apps cache.

That's odd, I don't think I've seen an error for clearing cache. If you don't mind trying another launcher that may help. Otherwise, consider a factory reset and see if that helps - be sure to backup your data before a reset.

As for a launcher, I'd suggest Nova Launcher.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

marios1441

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
That's odd, I don't think I've seen an error for clearing cache. If you don't mind trying another launcher that may help. Otherwise, consider a factory reset and see if that helps - be sure to backup your data before a reset.

I already did a factory reset and the problem is still there. I installed NOVA Launcher and the problem got away but i don't want to setup a different launcher. Does this mean it may also be a hardware failure? Another two members of my family bought the same phone and they work ok.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Something is certainly not right. Not sure what I would suggest, other than to contact samsung or the carrier for warranty. In my experience at least with Verizon if a factory reset doesn't fix it then they will send out a replacement

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
No I always <used to get a red error on the Androids tummy when the cache is cleared in recovery, but it always worked fine. I think some get it but don't notice it as they press power to re-boot.
Someone, @Golfdriver97 possibly, explained recovery mode to me in a thread I started around January about who clears cache regularly, and I posted this happening when I tried it.
I also get a message when I clear cache in storage.
Storage - Clear Cache: " Security policy restricts clearing of this apps cache" , but come back and the cache is clear (not zero obviously, a few kb).

***UPDATE : Actually now I have tried it its showing a red triangle before and after clearing. Maybe since KitKat. It was always showing 'error' in small red letters previously, before or on pressing boot up. No other messages on screen relating to the warning triangle. Doesn't bother me.

Via my Note 3 on AC.

Last edited:

marios1441

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Something is certainly not right. Not sure what I would suggest, other than to contact samsung or the carrier for warranty. In my experience at least with Verizon if a factory reset doesn't fix it then they will send out a replacement

I reinstalled the OS from the phone's menu (not the recovery screen) and the speed improved
Greatly. It could it be that the ROM is corrupted. *How could I rewrite or repair the ROM?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
No I always <used to get a red error on the Androids tummy when the cache is cleared in recovery, but it always worked fine. I think some get it but don't notice it as they press power to re-boot.
Someone, @Golfdriver97 possibly, explained recovery mode to me in a thread I started around January about who clears cache regularly, and I posted this happening when I tried it.
I also get a message when I clear cache in storage.
Storage - Clear Cache: " Security policy restricts clearing of this apps cache" , but come back and the cache is clear (not zero obviously, a few kb).

***UPDATE : Actually now I have tried it its showing a red triangle before and after clearing. Maybe since KitKat. It was always showing 'error' in small red letters previously, before or on pressing boot up. No other messages on screen relating to the warning triangle. Doesn't bother me.

Via my Note 3 on AC.

Yeah. I have had error messages when wiping the cache partition as well. It seems to be a Samsung issue

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I reinstalled the OS from the phone's menu (not the recovery screen) and the speed improved
Greatly. It could it be that the ROM is corrupted. *How could I rewrite or repair the ROM?

If you did a factory reset and it is now back to normal speed, you don't need to do anything. You can always install a custom ROM if you like, though

marios1441

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
If you did a factory reset and it is now back to normal speed, you don't need to do anything. You can always install a custom ROM if you like, though

Is not fixed 100%. Still has some lockups and is choppy. Is fixed 70% only when doing factory reset from the phone's menu and becomes bad again when you factory reset from the boot recovery screen.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Is not fixed 100%. Still has some lockups and is choppy. Is fixed 70% only when doing factory reset from the phone's menu and becomes bad again when you factory reset from the boot recovery screen.

Did you do multiple factory resets? :confused:

marios1441

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Did you do multiple factory resets? :confused:

The factory reset i did first from the boot recovery page was not succesful. Only recovery from the phone's menu when phone started was little succesful. It may have to do something that the phone writes and manipulates differently the recovery partition in each way.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
The factory reset i did first from the boot recovery page was not succesful. Only recovery from the phone's menu when phone started was little succesful. It may have to do something that the phone writes and manipulates differently the recovery partition in each way.

If a factory reset didn't fix the issue I'm not sure what else to tell you.

marios1441

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site

My large SIM card is cutted down to micro-SIM card using a SIM cutter. Does this can affect perfomance when not changed with a new micro-sim card?