Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By srkmagnus
  • 1 Post By anon8380037
  • 1 Post By UJ95x
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Slow speed

I have a Samsung Ace 3 S7275R mobile phone and is slow and choppy/jerky on the home screen and in the apps selection pages (when going left and right you change apps page) and that is slow and some times iresponsive. This problem only happens on home screen and app selection pages and not anywhere else. What should i do to fix it? Also how i clear the cache of those two things above?

Global Posts
    30,954 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Re: Slow speed

Quote Originally Posted by marios1441 View Post
    I have a Samsung Ace 3 S7275R mobile phone and is slow and choppy/jerky on the home screen and in the apps selection pages (when going left and right you change apps page) and that is slow and some times iresponsive. This problem only happens on home screen and app selection pages and not anywhere else. What should i do to fix it? Also how i clear the cache of those two things above?
    Try Settings>application manager>TouchWiz Home>clear cache.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Try Settings>application manager>TouchWiz Home>clear cache.
    I tried clearing cache and didn't help.

Try clearing cache on recovery. Turn the phone off then press the home and volume down button and power button simultaneously to go into recovery

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    Try clearing cache on recovery. Turn the phone off then press the home and volume down button and power button simultaneously to go into recovery

I tried to clearing the cache on recovery and a message saying 'error' appeared and the phone restarted. What should i do or what program i can use to clear this system cache? I also used a program that is clearing the apps cache.

Global Posts
    13,123 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

I tried to clearing the cache on recovery and a message saying 'error' appeared and the phone restarted. What should i do or what program i can use to clear this system cache? I also used a program that is clearing the apps cache.
    That's odd, I don't think I've seen an error for clearing cache. If you don't mind trying another launcher that may help. Otherwise, consider a factory reset and see if that helps - be sure to backup your data before a reset.

As for a launcher, I'd suggest Nova Launcher.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    That's odd, I don't think I've seen an error for clearing cache. If you don't mind trying another launcher that may help. Otherwise, consider a factory reset and see if that helps - be sure to backup your data before a reset.

I already did a factory reset and the problem is still there. I installed NOVA Launcher and the problem got away but i don't want to setup a different launcher. Does this mean it may also be a hardware failure? Another two members of my family bought the same phone and they work ok.

Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post

Something is certainly not right. Not sure what I would suggest, other than to contact samsung or the carrier for warranty. In my experience at least with Verizon if a factory reset doesn't fix it then they will send out a replacement

No I always <used to get a red error on the Androids tummy when the cache is cleared in recovery, but it always worked fine. I think some get it but don't notice it as they press power to re-boot.
    Someone, @Golfdriver97 possibly, explained recovery mode to me in a thread I started around January about who clears cache regularly, and I posted this happening when I tried it.
    I also get a message when I clear cache in storage.
    Storage - Clear Cache: " Security policy restricts clearing of this apps cache" , but come back and the cache is clear (not zero obviously, a few kb).

***UPDATE : Actually now I have tried it its showing a red triangle before and after clearing. Maybe since KitKat. It was always showing 'error' in small red letters previously, before or on pressing boot up. No other messages on screen relating to the warning triangle. Doesn't bother me.

Via my Note 3 on AC.
    UJ95x likes this.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    Something is certainly not right. Not sure what I would suggest, other than to contact samsung or the carrier for warranty. In my experience at least with Verizon if a factory reset doesn't fix it then they will send out a replacement

I reinstalled the OS from the phone's menu (not the recovery screen) and the speed improved
    Greatly. It could it be that the ROM is corrupted. *How could I rewrite or repair the ROM?
    Retired Ambassador

Global Posts
    10,444 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 6.0.1

Quote Originally Posted by Madd54 View Post
    No I always <used to get a red error on the Androids tummy when the cache is cleared in recovery, but it always worked fine. I think some get it but don't notice it as they press power to re-boot.
    Someone, @Golfdriver97 possibly, explained recovery mode to me in a thread I started around January about who clears cache regularly, and I posted this happening when I tried it.
    I also get a message when I clear cache in storage.
    Storage - Clear Cache: " Security policy restricts clearing of this apps cache" , but come back and the cache is clear (not zero obviously, a few kb).

***UPDATE : Actually now I have tried it its showing a red triangle before and after clearing. Maybe since KitKat. It was always showing 'error' in small red letters previously, before or on pressing boot up. No other messages on screen relating to the warning triangle. Doesn't bother me.

Via my Note 3 on AC.
    Yeah. I have had error messages when wiping the cache partition as well. It seems to be a Samsung issue

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    anon8380037 likes this.
    Retired Ambassador

Global Posts
    10,444 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 6.0.1

I reinstalled the OS from the phone's menu (not the recovery screen) and the speed improved
    Greatly. It could it be that the ROM is corrupted. *How could I rewrite or repair the ROM?
    If you did a factory reset and it is now back to normal speed, you don't need to do anything. You can always install a custom ROM if you like, though

13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    If you did a factory reset and it is now back to normal speed, you don't need to do anything. You can always install a custom ROM if you like, though

Is not fixed 100%. Still has some lockups and is choppy. Is fixed 70% only when doing factory reset from the phone's menu and becomes bad again when you factory reset from the boot recovery screen.
    Retired Ambassador

Global Posts
    10,444 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 6.0.1

Is not fixed 100%. Still has some lockups and is choppy. Is fixed 70% only when doing factory reset from the phone's menu and becomes bad again when you factory reset from the boot recovery screen.
    Did you do multiple factory resets?

15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Did you do multiple factory resets?

The factory reset i did first from the boot recovery page was not succesful. Only recovery from the phone's menu when phone started was little succesful. It may have to do something that the phone writes and manipulates differently the recovery partition in each way.
    Retired Ambassador

Global Posts
    10,444 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 6.0.1

The factory reset i did first from the boot recovery page was not succesful. Only recovery from the phone's menu when phone started was little succesful. It may have to do something that the phone writes and manipulates differently the recovery partition in each way.
    If a factory reset didn't fix the issue I'm not sure what else to tell you.

17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

My large SIM card is cutted down to micro-SIM card using a SIM cutter. Does this can affect perfomance when not changed with a new micro-sim card?