Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ffejjj
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC vs Samsung

Hey all,
    My friend and I were discussing whether HTC or Samsung would get the most initial pre order and hype sales, so sales in the first month after launch date. I say the HTC one + will win and he says the Samsung S5. So just for fun we thought it'd be cool to make a bet online to see who supports who. So who do you think will win in initial sales after their perspective launch dates?

Default Re: HTC vs Samsung

I like Samsung devices better than HTC. However, I think that HTC devices are better looking. I just love the AMOLED screens though. HTC has done a good job including software buttons instead of capacitive buttons on the front of the device. That's a plus. But the Sammy screens still are the most gorgeous that I have seen.

I don't think you made a very smart bet. Samsung crushes all other Android OEM's in terms of sales. The S4 sold more units in one month than the HTC One did in 3 months, and that was probably HTC's most successful launch ever.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

in the past yes, because no one really trusted HTC to make a good device given their history. But now i think its gonna be a closer race to the top because there are a lot of people disappointed in the S5 and a lot of people excited about the new HTC one. Given that HTC doesn't mess up the camera, i think that a lot of people will prefer the HTC over the galaxy if they are in the market for a new flagship phone

Samsung will way outsell HTC. And I'm an HTC guy

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    LG G3
    Ambassador
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    Ry likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by juanka22 View Post
    in the past yes, because no one really trusted HTC to make a good device given their history. But now i think its gonna be a closer race to the top because there are a lot of people disappointed in the S5 and a lot of people excited about the new HTC one. Given that HTC doesn't mess up the camera, i think that a lot of people will prefer the HTC over the galaxy if they are in the market for a new flagship phone
    I'm just saying I hope he gave you good odds.

Did you specify what would happen if one of the phones went on back order? There's no way HTC will make enough phones in the first month for you to win the bet unless you can count back orders. Again, the S4 sold 10 M S4's in the first month, but it took HTC 3 months to sell 5 M Ones. That's a factor of 6 difference. Even if the new HTC phone does twice as well and the S5 sells half as well (which would be insane), that still wouldn't make up the difference you'd need to win.
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,783 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ffejjj View Post
    Samsung will way outsell HTC. And I'm an HTC guy

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app
    Agreed.
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

I have to go with Samsung...when most people think of Android they think of SAMSUNG
    Thanked by: