Moto G or Nexus 5?

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Right now I have a 5S, but I'm wanting to go back to android for my phone use. However, I'm unsure if I should get the moto g or spend the extra money for a nexus 5. I do a lot on my phone and am on it pretty much all day. I play games, listen to podcasts and music, watch video, read articles, and etc. I don't want any compromises, really.

But since the phone needs to be off contract, the two I'm between are the moto g and the nexus 5, since these seem to be the best off contract phones in a good price range.

Any thoughts?

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Right now I have a 5S, but I'm wanting to go back to android for my phone use. However, I'm unsure if I should get the moto g or spend the extra money for a nexus 5. I do a lot on my phone and am on it pretty much all day. I play games, listen to podcasts and music, watch video, read articles, and etc. I don't want any compromises, really.

But since the phone needs to be off contract, the two I'm between are the moto g and the nexus 5, since these seem to be the best off contract phones in a good price range.

Any thoughts?

I would throw in the Moto X too. $399 direct from Motorola.

Posted via Moto X or Droid RAZR M on the Android Central App

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
The Nexus 5 is substantially better in just about every paper category, plus has the advantage of being a Nexus, which means always current on software and generally much faster updates. The Nexus has LTE, a much bigger and higher res screen (at the cost of battery life), a better camera, can take video in full HD, a much better processor, double the RAM and a larger battery (though I suspect that they do get similar battery life, given how much less the Moto G has to power).

They're both great devices for their respective niches, but I think they are in different niches (top of the budget niche vs one of the top flagships). The Nexus is larger, but it's also almost half an ounce lighter (13g) and it is thinner. Plus you'd eschewed the X (the Moto device in the top flagships category) because of concerns about Lenovo, so IMO the Nexus is a no brainer given it's advantages and it's separation from that concern.

Anon8154066

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
The Nexus 5 is substantially better in just about every paper category, plus has the advantage of being a Nexus, which means always current on software and generally much faster updates. The Nexus has LTE, a much bigger and higher res screen (at the cost of battery life), a better camera, can take video in full HD, a much better processor, double the RAM and a larger battery (though I suspect that they do get similar battery life, given how much less the Moto G has to power).

They're both great devices for their respective niches, but I think they are in different niches (top of the budget niche vs one of the top flagships). The Nexus is larger, but it's also almost half an ounce lighter (13g) and it is thinner. Plus you'd eschewed the X (the Moto device in the top flagships category) because of concerns about Lenovo, so IMO the Nexus is a no brainer given it's advantages and it's separation from that concern.

This says it all really :)

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze