Which is worse? HTC keeping 4mp camera or Samsung keeping plastic design?

HOLLYWOODANT215

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Which one is worse in your opinion as a customer...I will rather plastic design and great camera then 4mp camera

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

HOLLYWOODANT215

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Rather have the Galaxy S5 plastic design over HTC 4 mp camera or vice versa?

I think I will take plastic with nice case over 4mp camera that can't be upgraded

Last edited by a moderator:

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: Which is worse htc keeping 4mp or Samsung keeping plastic design?

That's a toss, cause the they both have their drawbacks.... I'd have to say the Ultra pixel option for HTC is worse. Here you have this really stellar device, previous model was phone of the year 2013, and you bring it back with a few tweaks and upgrades but the same camera. I'm even a bit disappointed in the size of the battery. 300 mAhs more?

anon(8702321)

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Re: U rather have s5 plastic design over htc 4mp or vice versa?

I personally want the s5 mostly because it's nice camera, I played with one in bestbuy and the pictures came out amazing and I'm really into photography and I love they're wallpapers. Id also have a plastic phone over a glass or metal because I don't think people realize the htc m8 is going to get so many scratches. I mean, have you seen the display htc one's?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

I think I will take plastic with nice case over 4mp camera that can't be upgraded

I never got hung up on the "metal vs plastic" so for me the s5 is an overall better phone for normal people. The camera, waterproof/resistant are going to be huge sellers for samsung, especially with the apple like brand recognition that they had. HTC fell flat again. It is a shame, because in the past they really had some nice cameras in their devices. Ditch the "ultra pixel" for next years and make a great camera to go along with everything else that is getting so much praise.

- - - Updated - - -

I personally want the s5 mostly because it's nice camera, I played with one in bestbuy and the pictures came out amazing and I'm really into photography and I love they're wallpapers. Id also have a plastic phone over a glass or metal because I don't think people realize the htc m8 is going to get so many scratches. I mean, have you seen the display htc one's?

Just look at Phil's review and you will see how dinged up his new htc one is after only a week of use.

BPHusker

May 17, 2010
Visit site

They have S5 units at Best Buy?

Zacharyw70

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site

Plastic Design. It has its benefits with the Wireless Charging, Battery Swapping, and you can always replace the back if it gets really dirty or messed up.
Never owned the HTC One, but I would worry with the metal design that it would scratch/scuff easily and what happens if you get it wet? Does it stay the same or will it get affected.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

M8 is a downgrade from the M7
S5 is an improvement from the S4
..yup I think I'll take my S5

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site

I actually prefer plastic phones in general. /shrug

For me it depends on the phone. After having touched the 5C, in my opinion, no iPhone should be plastic. Doesn't feel right. That being said, I loved my Note 3 when I had it. I thought the plastics used on that were actually really nice. I didn't care for the fake leather look, but the texture was much better than the slimey s4.

I think the s5 looks better than the one but I'm probably in the minority here.

Nope, I kind of agree. I like the idea of the HTC one being metal, but after seeing the leaks and today's coverage I'm not that impressed. I didn't really like the original HTC One's design either though.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site

Plastic Design. It has its benefits with the Wireless Charging, Battery Swapping, and you can always replace the back if it gets really dirty or messed up.
Never owned the HTC One, but I would worry with the metal design that it would scratch/scuff easily and what happens if you get it wet? Does it stay the same or will it get affected.

Does the S5 actually have wireless charging out of the box or do you have to buy some goofy cover?

nedia_r

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Which is worse htc keeping 4mp or Samsung keeping plastic design?

That's a toss, cause the they both have their drawbacks.... I'd have to say the Ultra pixel option for HTC is worse. Here you have this really stellar device, previous model was phone of the year 2013, and you bring it back with a few tweaks and upgrades but the same camera. I'm even a bit disappointed in the size of the battery. 300 mAhs more?

I wouldn't say it's the same camera exactly, the refocusing stuff is a nice addition. Plus you shouldn't concentrate on 300 mAhs more battery, it's not all about the size. The battery life on the new One is far better, if their claims are correct.

I think Samsung keeping the atrocious design is much worse.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance