Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree59Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Which is worse? HTC keeping 4mp camera or Samsung keeping plastic design?

Which one is worse in your opinion as a customer...I will rather plastic design and great camera then 4mp camera

Posted via Android Central App
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-29-2014 at 10:18 AM.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Rather have the Galaxy S5 plastic design over HTC 4 mp camera or vice versa?

I think I will take plastic with nice case over 4mp camera that can't be upgraded

Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-26-2014 at 12:19 PM.

Default Re: U rather have s5 plastic design over htc 4mp or vice versa?

I actually prefer plastic phones in general. /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Zabigayle View Post
    I think the s5 looks better than the one but I'm probably in the minority here.

Default Re: Which is worse htc keeping 4mp or Samsung keeping plastic design?

That's a toss, cause the they both have their drawbacks.... I'd have to say the Ultra pixel option for HTC is worse. Here you have this really stellar device, previous model was phone of the year 2013, and you bring it back with a few tweaks and upgrades but the same camera. I'm even a bit disappointed in the size of the battery. 300 mAhs more?
    Sent from my HTCOX Fōn.

Quote Originally Posted by smalba View Post
    I also like the design of s5 better

smalba likes this.

I agree.

I personally want the s5 mostly because it's nice camera, I played with one in bestbuy and the pictures came out amazing and I'm really into photography and I love they're wallpapers. Id also have a plastic phone over a glass or metal because I don't think people realize the htc m8 is going to get so many scratches. I mean, have you seen the display htc one's?
    Premium1 likes this.

Wireless charging is awesome; therefore, plastic.
    Premium1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOODANT215 View Post
    I think I will take plastic with nice case over 4mp camera that can't be upgraded

I never got hung up on the "metal vs plastic" so for me the s5 is an overall better phone for normal people. The camera, waterproof/resistant are going to be huge sellers for samsung, especially with the apple like brand recognition that they had. HTC fell flat again. It is a shame, because in the past they really had some nice cameras in their devices. Ditch the "ultra pixel" for next years and make a great camera to go along with everything else that is getting so much praise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jakeypride View Post
    I personally want the s5 mostly because it's nice camera, I played with one in bestbuy and the pictures came out amazing and I'm really into photography and I love they're wallpapers. Id also have a plastic phone over a glass or metal because I don't think people realize the htc m8 is going to get so many scratches. I mean, have you seen the display htc one's?
    Just look at Phil's review and you will see how dinged up his new htc one is after only a week of use.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by jakeypride View Post
    They have S5 units at Best Buy?

Quote Originally Posted by BPHusker View Post
    Ya at select besbuys. Look for the topic in the gs5 section, for which best buy

Plastic Design. It has its benefits with the Wireless Charging, Battery Swapping, and you can always replace the back if it gets really dirty or messed up.
    Never owned the HTC One, but I would worry with the metal design that it would scratch/scuff easily and what happens if you get it wet? Does it stay the same or will it get affected.

Quote Originally Posted by BPHusker View Post
    Certain best Buy's do.
    http://www.droid-life.com/2014/03/21...tarting-today/

M8 is a downgrade from the M7
    S5 is an improvement from the S4
    ..yup I think I'll take my S5
    - Using the Galaxy S5! -
    Thanked by:
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Quote Originally Posted by smooth4lyfe View Post
    M8 is a downgrade from the M7
    S5 is an improvement from the S4
    ..yup I think I'll take my S5
    True

Quote Originally Posted by Zabigayle View Post
    For me it depends on the phone. After having touched the 5C, in my opinion, no iPhone should be plastic. Doesn't feel right. That being said, I loved my Note 3 when I had it. I thought the plastics used on that were actually really nice. I didn't care for the fake leather look, but the texture was much better than the slimey s4.

Nope, I kind of agree. I like the idea of the HTC one being metal, but after seeing the leaks and today's coverage I'm not that impressed. I didn't really like the original HTC One's design either though.
    iPhone 5S+Galaxy S5 user. Google Glass Explorer.

Follow Me:

App.Net: sleepnclass
    Twitter: sleepnclass

Peace & Blessings.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacharyw70 View Post
    Plastic Design. It has its benefits with the Wireless Charging, Battery Swapping, and you can always replace the back if it gets really dirty or messed up.
    Never owned the HTC One, but I would worry with the metal design that it would scratch/scuff easily and what happens if you get it wet? Does it stay the same or will it get affected.
    Does the S5 actually have wireless charging out of the box or do you have to buy some goofy cover?
    iPhone 5S+Galaxy S5 user. Google Glass Explorer.

Follow Me:

App.Net: sleepnclass
    Twitter: sleepnclass

Peace & Blessings.

You have to buy the cover
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by VidJunky View Post
    That's a toss, cause the they both have their drawbacks.... I'd have to say the Ultra pixel option for HTC is worse. Here you have this really stellar device, previous model was phone of the year 2013, and you bring it back with a few tweaks and upgrades but the same camera. I'm even a bit disappointed in the size of the battery. 300 mAhs more?
    I wouldn't say it's the same camera exactly, the refocusing stuff is a nice addition. Plus you shouldn't concentrate on 300 mAhs more battery, it's not all about the size. The battery life on the new One is far better, if their claims are correct.

I think Samsung keeping the atrocious design is much worse.
    Topgonzo likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    414 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nedia_r View Post
    I think Samsung keeping the atrocious design is much worse.
    I rarely look at the back of my phone with great attention. I DO look at what the camera produces with great attention, always!
    A plastic back is the lightest weight solution. And it does exactly what it is supposed to.
    A lousy image quality is unacceptable in 2014.

If you think 'style & design' are the most important attributes of a smartphone, get an iPhone.
    If you think capability and versatility are the most important attributes of a smartphone, get a Samsung. Or at least an Android.
    atg284, Sluffs and debdroid1a like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Vsweety View Post
    I rarely look at the back of my phone with great attention. I DO look at what the camera produces with great attention, always!
    A plastic back is the lightest weight solution. And it does exactly what it is supposed to.
    A lousy image quality is unacceptable in 2014.

If you think 'style & design' are the most important attributes of a smartphone, get an iPhone.
    If you think capability and versatility are the most important attributes of a smartphone, get a Samsung. Or at least an Android.
    Some people just can't appreciate good design. That's ok though.

Plastic never bothered me because I use a case. I can't speak for the one, but on my wife's 5s,the area near the charging port sees some marring from when I insert the charger into my wife's charging port on the 5s. Now the one might not have this problem, I am just speaking of metal phones in general. My note 3 charging port area still looks brand new.

I haven't used the one camera or similar so cannot comment there

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Not upgrading the camera is a bigger fault. There isn't a lot of room left for major improvements these days.... there's really only two options; camera and battery life/consumption. HTC totally whiffed on the camera... Sure, they gussied it up with some software gimmicks, but I've read a few reviews that that variable focus thing has some problems with focusing and filtering... but still, there was room for major improvement and they missed the mark.

Plastic and a small case and a removable battery All Day over the HTC.
    Don't forget water resistant.

Peace

Sluffs likes this.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast