G2, S5, or HTC One M8 for an iPhone 5c convert?

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have gotten my wife to consider coming over to Android (she wants a larger screen). I happily use a Moto X and would love to get her one, but for the X's one fatal flaw, its camera. My wife loves taking pictures of our daughter and our dog on her phone. The Moto X is just not up to that task in a way that would be satisfying for her. Which of these three would you get in that situation?

I'm leaning G2 because it is the smallest of the three while having the largest screen and has a great camera. I don't like that Samsung burries services like Google Now in favor of S Voice and the like on its software. I used to have an HTC One and quite liked it, but its large size compared to the other phones (especially in height) is a serious drawback for my wife.

phonejunky

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
First question is why the urge to pull her to Android? Is she not ok with her current choice of phones, or is this just because?

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
I have gotten my wife to consider coming over to Android (she wants a larger screen). I happily use a Moto X and would love to get her one, but for the X's one fatal flaw, its camera. My wife loves taking pictures of our daughter and our dog on her phone. The Moto X is just not up to that task in a way that would be satisfying for her. Which of these three would you get in that situation?

I'm leaning G2 because it is the smallest of the three while having the largest screen and has a great camera. I don't like that Samsung burries services like Google Now in favor of S Voice and the like on its software. I used to have an HTC One and quite liked it, but its large size compared to the other phones (especially in height) is a serious drawback for my wife.
My opinion on Android cameras (best to worst)

S5
G2/M8 (tie)
S4/Nexus 5
HTC One

I agree with all your Samsung criticisms...but they make great hardware. The One was great when it first came out but is a little long in the tooth nowadays.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
First question is why the urge to pull her to Android? Is she not ok with her current choice of phones, or is this just because?

She wants a bigger screen and is really liking the Tegra Note 7 I got us. She is tired of how iOS looks. I ended up getting her a G2. Initially she was not too impressed, but after about a two days she is ready to sell the 5c.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463