Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Recovering my Contacts from Mac Book Pro Folder

Hello Everybody,
    I dragged/transferred all my Note 2 data/files in a regular folder on my Mac Book Pro over a USB cable and with the help of the Android File Transfer.
    Does anybody knows how to recover my contact list back on my Note 2 after resetting the phone to the factory setting.
    I am lost people.
    Banned

Global Posts
    414 Global Posts

Default Re: Recovering my Contacts from Mac Book Pro Folder

Quote Originally Posted by Traian Gabrian View Post
    Hello Everybody,
    I dragged/transferred all my Note 2 data/files in a regular folder on my Mac Book Pro over a USB cable and with the help of the Android File Transfer.
    Does anybody knows how to recover my contact list back on my Note 2 after resetting the phone to the factory setting.
    I am lost people.
    Login to the Play Store with your 'old' account name and password and all your contacts should re-populate the Contacts list on your phone.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

The moment I logged into my gmail account after the reset all the apps I had previously reappeared as well as the playstore.
    Unfortunately not my contacts. It's there any other way to get my contacts back ?
    Banned

Global Posts
    414 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Traian Gabrian View Post
    The moment I logged into my gmail account after the reset all the apps I had previously reappeared as well as the playstore.
    Unfortunately not my contacts. It's there any other way to get my contacts back ?
    If you know which folder contains your contacts, how about replacing the new, empty folder on the phone by a copy of the old folder that's in your copied set on your MBP?

And when setting up the device, after resetting it to factory settings, make sure your contacts are permanently backed up to your account in the Play Store. Then, like with your apps, they will repopulate the Contacts list on the device with your 'old' contacts when next you need to reset your phone to factory settings. Or when you get a new phone.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I will try it out see what it is going to give, and btw thanks a lot for your support and your quick answer.