Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default NvidiaSHield or Moga Pro+my Note 2 for gaming?

Just wondering which works better. Also heard Moga Pro holds some smaller tablets pretty well, so wonder how well that+ a Tegra Note 7 would work?

Default Re: NvidiaSHield or Moga Pro+my Note 2 for gaming?

Depends on budget.

Sent from my XT1060 using Mobile Nations mobile app
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Assume I can afford either/or mixing. Break it down for me? I'm honestly curious.

Quote Originally Posted by JnEricsonx View Post
    Assume I can afford either/or mixing. Break it down for me? I'm honestly curious.
    For gaming purely, the Shield is the better option. I'm still thinking of getting one for this summer, the price drop and the promise of playing Portal on the go is enticing. Plus there are a lot of compatible games, and Tegra exclusives.

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

Shield has some streaming potential. It's still in dev, but I guess it'll be an interesting idea for PC gamers. And when they'll make a REAL streaming from Nvidia's resources, it'll be just glorious.

Quote Originally Posted by eggantom View Post
    Shield has some streaming potential. It's still in dev, but I guess it'll be an interesting idea for PC gamers. And when they'll make a REAL streaming from Nvidia's resources, it'll be just glorious.
    Its more for anyone now not just for PC Gamers. Its recent price drop is real nice.

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by A895 View Post
    Its more for anyone now not just for PC Gamers. Its recent price drop is real nice.
    Well, yeah. The price drop is great, but the streaming isn't perfect yet. Certainly it's a great buy, but now so little things distinguish it from other gaming devices. Personally I'd buy a gamepad with a decent device.

Quote Originally Posted by eggantom View Post
    Well, yeah. The price drop is great, but the streaming isn't perfect yet. Certainly it's a great buy, but now so little things distinguish it from other gaming devices. Personally I'd buy a gamepad with a decent device.
    Not for on the go gaming. A shield is better suited because if that dies you still have your phone. Compared to if your phone and/or the controller dies, you're out of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by A895 View Post
    Not for on the go gaming. A shield is better suited because if that dies you still have your phone. Compared to if your phone and/or the controller dies, you're out of luck.

Yeah but then you'd be bringing two devices around with you everywhere you go. Who wants to do that?

I've got the Moga Pro Power and I use it at home. I hook my phone/tablet up to my HD TV and sit back with the controller. If I wanted to game on the go, that's what my phone is for.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude074 View Post
    Yeah but then you'd be bringing two devices around with you everywhere you go. Who wants to do that?

I've got the Moga Pro Power and I use it at home. I hook my phone/tablet up to my HD TV and sit back with the controller. If I wanted to game on the go, that's what my phone is for.
    I would but why would I be gaming everywhere I go? A controller is bulky too. Either one has to go in a bag. Anyways that's my suggestion for OP.