Optimus UI: what's wrong with it?

Aaron78

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi, long time lurker here.

I felt the need to pose a single question (despite my horrible English, for which I apologize in advance), cause I can't get to find a well organized thread about it.

I had an Iphone4s, a Galaxy S2, an Xperia Z, and now I own a LG G2: no "fanboysm" from my side.

IOs aside, I always have found the interfaces of my devices enjoyable.

Nonetheless, the more I surf the various phone-centered sites, the more negative comments I read about Touchwiz, Sony UI, and, recently, LG's optimus UI.

So, the simple question is: what's wrong with the Optimus UI, i.e., the LG user interface?

I intentionally kept the question limited to the Optimus UI since it's the UI I'm actually using, but feel free to compare it to other UI if that helps to open my eyes on what is wrong with it.

Marcus Horsley

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
I have used many lg android devices and have always installed something like launcher pro or holo because the lg ui simply seems unorganised and too childish. The icons arnt as nice as the touchwiz ones and arent as defined. There really is not that much of an advantage to sticking with optimus ui, i remember on the gt540 there was an option to use the stock android home and thats what I always chose to use.