Best messaging app?

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
So I have a Note 3 and a Note Pro.
My husband insists on keeping his iPad. (Heretic, lol)
We are looking for a messaging app that would work across various platforms, from his iPad to my Note 3 and Note Pro.

He refuses to use "Hangouts" because it's a google product and he doesn't like the data mining that Google does.
We'v tried Kakao but you can only use it on one device, it won't let you set it up for all your devices.
We've even tried Verizon Messaging but it works so well that the messages also go to his phone (Not a smartphone, it's a Casio Brigade) and fills up his inbox in no time, forcing him to clear it out which is a royal pain.
Facebook messenger is ok but he wants something that is not from Facebook.

He won't get a smartphone, he likes his Casio Brigade because as a general contractor, he can put it through hell at work and the thing keeps working, he's happy with it.

So what we need it a messaging app that works across Macbook, iPad, Note 3 and Note Pro.

Does such an animal exist?

Last edited:

dorlisa

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I have used Go SMS and loved until the adds took over... Handcent was good but got tired of it... Chomp was good however I wanted to customize more than it offered.. Textra was okay.. so now I am using the Verizon Messaging which I do love.. however... I can not get my facebook contact pictures to sync and that is annoying me. They sync with the stock messaging app and the other apps... so I am trying to figure this out.. once I do, I think I will love the Verizon Message app.

I love to customize mine... and really love pop up feature of some of the apps.

scooterge558

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I used to use go sms, evanescent, and others, but when I got my LG G2 it came with messaging plus, and I kinda like it, and it's cross-platform, at least with iPhone/iPad and Android. You might check it out, it will also do vid chat, but I haven't tried it, so no experience with that.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
See, I really like the Verizon messaging app as well except for one issue:
My husband doesn't use a smartphone, he prefers his old Casio Brigade (construction guy... He can't help it lol) and Verizon sends the messages to all our devices including his phone (he usually prefers to message me from his ipad) and because his phone has a limited inbox, it keeps getting full and he has to empty it all the time.
If there was a way to keep the messages from filling his phone inbox that'd be great but I don't think there is.

And yes, I keep trying to convince him to get a smartphone, lol. I'm not holding my breath on that.

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
I used to use go sms, evanescent, and others, but when I got my LG G2 it came with messaging plus, and I kinda like it, and it's cross-platform, at least with iPhone/iPad and Android. You might check it out, it will also do vid chat, but I haven't tried it, so no experience with that.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

That sounds promising, I'll look it up, thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37