New Phone Muter application

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Don't miss important calls ever again!

Unlike the standard profiles, Phone Muter does not only mute incoming calls, but recognizes those VIP callers you have specified, who will get through to you at any time defined. No matter whether the phone is in a silent mode or not.

Features
- Simple Setup
- Customization
- Mute Calls
- VIP Contacts

Download from Google Play:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lukaspa.phonemuter

Set up once, manage with a single click!

No matter whether the phone is in a silent mode or not. If set up and running, always mutes undesirable callers, but VIPs get through.

If no Exception is defined for the Phone Muter profile, all incoming callers are muted, although your phone is not in the silent mode.

Setup

Just click "+" on the bottom left corner and fill in desired profile name, icon, date and time slot and exceptions.

The exceptions are those contacts that you wish not to mute the sound for. In other words, these are your VIP callers that you want to hear the call from while everyone else is muted. You choose the exceptions from your phone book. If no exception is specified for the Phone Muter profile, all incoming calls are muted, although your phone is not in the silent mode.

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
New Feature of the application is commin' soon on Google Play:

Black List
Settings menu
Language Selection
Theme Selection

Be first to use the application in practise before the features will be applied. Don't hesitate to contact me if you have some question, wish or proposal how to improve the application.

Thanks

Vsweety

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
So Phone Muter unmutes 'special' incoming numbers that you specifically blocked/muted in the first place?
Then why would someone block/mute those numbers to begin with?

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
generally phonemuter is an application for muting or unmuting of sounds if somebody is calling u. If you will put some exteptions into your created profile and u forgot to enable your sounds into your cell phone , phonemuter unmute sounds automatically and your phone will ring with sounds. And I got some idea how to improve the application and I made some blacklist, this is for spam or dangerous calls for example Marketing, Operators etc.. And this functionality can end call automatically. Btw: blacklist and other improvement will be soon on android market.

I don't know how it looks like in your country with incomming calls from Operators or some company , which offer some advertisement, but in Czech Republic is terrible situation. Daily we are spaming with lot of calls due to advertisement and other dangerous paid calls.

Profile - for your numbers from phone book
Blacklist - for foreign numbers which spams you

Vsweety

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
generally phonemuter is an application for muting or unmuting of sounds if somebody is calling u. If you will put some exteptions into your created profile and u forgot to enable your sounds into your cell phone , phonemuter unmute sounds automatically and your phone will ring with sounds. And I got some idea how to improve the application and I made some blacklist, this is for spam or dangerous calls for example Marketing, Operators etc.. And this functionality can end call automatically. Btw: blacklist and other improvement will be soon on android market.

I don't know how it looks like in your country with incomming calls from Operators or some company , which offer some advertisement, but in Czech Republic is terrible situation. Daily we are spaming with lot of calls due to advertisement and other dangerous paid calls.

Profile - for your numbers from phone book
Blacklist - for foreign numbers which spams you

I see.
So I got it right and Phone Muter unmutes 'special' incoming numbers that you specifically blocked/muted in the first place.
Imo not blocking/muting those numbers to begin with makes more sense, is less work, and is less confusing.

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi,u did not catch fully. I can show u on example: u forgot to enable your sound on your cell phone. Now your mother is calling, u have saved her phone number in mobile, but your sounds are muted. Phone muter can enable your sounds if u have created profile with exception = mother. Means, that u will hear the calling from your mother. Next situation is some foreign number is calling u every day and u wanna prevent so that the number will not call u anymore,just simply create a new record with the number and specify how the number is dengerous. Main different between profile and blacklist that a number is saved in cell phone. Blacklist number is not saved in phone book.

Vsweety

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi,u did not catch fully. I can show u on example: u forgot to enable your sound on your cell phone. Now your mother is calling, u have saved her phone number in mobile, but your sounds are muted. Phone muter can enable your sounds if u have created profile with exception = mother. Means, that u will hear the calling from your mother.

Got that angle covered: I may forget, but my phone won't. Going into an important meeting? Into a movie theatre? Attending a funeral? Mass? Hospital? (Places where you don't even want or can afford your mother's call to be loud). Then set your phone's mute timer. Like in the free app 'Silence/Quiet Time'. Restores full sound to the phone after whatever length of time you want. So if you forget to restore sound that's not a problem because your phone won't. :D

Next situation is some foreign number is calling u every day and u wanna prevent so that the number will not call u anymore,just simply create a new record with the number and specify how the number is dengerous. Main different between profile and blacklist that a number is saved in cell phone. Blacklist number is not saved in phone book.

Maybe. Haven't had live spam callers from abroad yet. So that's not a problem that I need to solve, yet. I get my share of spam SMS, but Phonemuter doesn't address that, obviously, because it wasn't meant to, and there are already a lot of good blacklist apps that do. What I can see is that Phonemuter is going to cost me a lot of time to understand, set up, and maintain. Can't afford that. Plus it already confuses me at this level. Right here.
But others may find it the cat's whiskers for their specific situation. Maybe they'll post.

Vsweety

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Just one thing, how u can tell this and compare it with other applications if u did not try the application?

I can't, of course. But what you describe does not solve any problems I may have. And it does give the impression that it requires a lot of time and attention, which I cannot afford. So I have no reason to want to try the app.

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
I understand and accept it, but in next time you should thing about your reaction on description of some application that the app is complicated or takes more time etc.. before than u try the application, because this is not true and you can affect other people, so lets stop the conversation and wish u so that you find great application on your problems :)

Vsweety

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
next time you should thing about your reaction on description of some application that the app is complicated or takes more time etc.. before than u try the application, because this is not true

I did not say your app "is complicated or takes more time". I said "it does give the impression that it requires a lot of time and attention".
So maybe you should not only work on the app's functionality but also on the impression that your promotion of the app creates.