Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default android phone leash

Hello all! So recently my gf lost her iPhone at the school cafeteria (ik omg how could she) but she got her a new moto X and shes loving it. However I was wondering if there are any blue tooth devices or tags that stick to the phone then would alert her when she is out of range. Maybe a bluetooth thing stuck to her backpack then rings when the backpack is too far away. Or she can press a button on it and it will ring. Not sure if there is an existing product. I saw tile and sticnfind but they r mainly finding other stuff such as keY's and whatnot. So any suggestions for a phone leash thanks

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Default Re: android phone leash

Quote Originally Posted by Euan Tan View Post
    Hello all! So recently my gf lost her iPhone at the school cafeteria (ik omg how could she) but she got her a new moto X and shes loving it. However I was wondering if there are any blue tooth devices or tags that stick to the phone then would alert her when she is out of range. Maybe a bluetooth thing stuck to her backpack then rings when the backpack is too far away. Or she can press a button on it and it will ring. Not sure if there is an existing product. I saw tile and sticnfind but they r mainly finding other stuff such as keY's and whatnot. So any suggestions for a phone leash thanks
    Always keep your phone on your person. I have not lost a phone yet! Sorry if my advice isn't all that helpful. ><
    Banned

Global Posts
    414 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Euan Tan View Post
    The free apps AndroidLost and Lookout can make her phone wail like a siren and flash if she has lost it somewhere around her but can't find it. Or show its location on a map, etc. Obviously GPS needs to be on.

I have the LG 730+ wrap around (neck) Bluetooth headsets and when I stray to far from my phone the collar vibrates....pretty KOOL.
    Thanked by:
    Banned

Global Posts
    414 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by spencerdl View Post
    I have the LG 730+ wrap around (neck) Bluetooth headsets and when I stray to far from my phone the collar vibrates....pretty KOOL.
    How far is too far? In feet, or meters.

Quote Originally Posted by Vsweety View Post
    How far is too far? In feet, or meters.
    Approx 50 feet, maybe a little longer. I forgot what the specs said
    Banned

Global Posts
    414 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by spencerdl View Post
    Approx 50 feet, maybe a little longer. I forgot what the specs said
    Forget specs. Or divide by 6.