Is it safe to be rooted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahawkua

Banned
Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I have rooted all of my Android phones and I'm worried about it. I just don't want my phone to be useless eventually. Is it safe to be rooted? Like will being rooted cause my phone to become useless?

Posted via Android Central App

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I have rooted all of my Android phones and I'm worried about it. I just don't want my phone to be useless eventually. Is it safe to be rooted? Like will being rooted cause my phone to become useless?

No. You should be fine with rooted devices. The only downfall is if you damage your device, you can't send it for repair because the warranty is void.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
No. You should be fine with rooted devices. The only downfall is if you damage your device, you can't send it for repair because the warranty is void.

Insurance still covers it :)
Or at least that's what I was told by T-Mobile.
To answer OP's question: You'll be fine. A lot of us here also root our phones, and I have never seen an issue caused directly by root. It's usually something the user flashed that was either incompatible or broken that leads to bricked devices.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

ahawkua

Banned
Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
To answer OP's question: You'll be fine. A lot of us here also root our phones, and I have never seen an issue caused directly by root. It's usually something the user flashed that was either incompatible or broken that leads to bricked devices.

So rooting a device won't cause a brick? I always look up the root guide for my specific phone and make sure in that guide forum that it hasn't caused any bad problems .

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Even if you factory reset it?

If you get root fully removed, then you should be fine. It depends on your device. Some devices leave traces that the phone has been tampered with.

- - - Updated - - -

So rooting a device won't cause a brick? I always look up the root guide for my specific phone and make sure in that guide forum that it hasn't caused any bad problems .

If the device has not bricked as of now, chances are it won't in the future...

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

What if you don't have insurance or T-Mobile?

ahawkua

Banned
Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
If you get root fully removed, then you should be fine. It depends on your device. Some devices leave traces that the phone has been tampered with.

- - - Updated - - -

If the device has not bricked as of now, chances are it won't in the future...

But can rooting a device brick it?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Because I don't want to root my phone and brick it

If you follow instructions and use the correct files, you'll be fine. You said you had experience with rooting, so I assume you're already doing that.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
No they are but for when I get a new device in not sure if I should root or not

If you're scared, then don't do it. Like UJ95x said, you seem to have some experience, so just follow instructions like usual! :')

Status
Not open for further replies.