A bit of advice/opinions needed!

Rick Lovery

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Hi all, first time post on here and i'd like to pick your collective brains!
I currently have a Samsung Note and am due to change in the next month or so. Now this was going to be an easy choice and go for an S5 ; however I've seen and read so many things about upcoming phones that i'm not sure what to do.......Should i go for the S5 or wait for the rumored Prime version, or the Note 4, or wait to see what the Nexus 6 has to offer?!!
You can see my dilemma!! Any other options you'd all like to throw in the mixing pot to confuse me even more?!
Thanks

Rick Lovery

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
I have a Note 8 so can get my S-pen fix there and to be honest i don't think i use it to its full potential anyway.....but i havn't ruled out the Note 4.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I'd suggest taking a serious look at the Note 3. However, if you are wanting something smaller then perhaps the S5 or M8. Welcome to the forums.

via the phone 📱🔵

Rick Lovery

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
I'm seriously considering the S5 however i don't want to jump too soon as knowing my luck the day after i get it they would announce the Metal bodied Prime!! I'm cautious about an M8 as i had an X One and had nothing but problems..

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm seriously considering the S5 however i don't want to jump too soon as knowing my luck the day after i get it they would announce the Metal bodied Prime!! I'm cautious about an M8 as i had an X One and had nothing but problems..

If that happened you could just take the S5 back to the store. That kind of thing is why I usually buy retail.

via the phone ⚪

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Hi all, first time post on here and i'd like to pick your collective brains!
I currently have a Samsung Note and am due to change in the next month or so. Now this was going to be an easy choice and go for an S5 ; however I've seen and read so many things about upcoming phones that i'm not sure what to do.......Should i go for the S5 or wait for the rumored Prime version, or the Note 4, or wait to see what the Nexus 6 has to offer?!!
You can see my dilemma!! Any other options you'd all like to throw in the mixing pot to confuse me even more?!
Thanks
Samsung is claiming there is no "Prime" version in development. They could be lying of course (they certainly have a reason to). But it you are waiting for the Prime version you will probably be disappointed. That being said, there will be other new phones out this fall that will probably be as good or better anyway.

The S5 will be better than the Note 3 in every way, but it might not be worth wasting an upgrade on. The Camera for sure will be better and it will be dust/water resistant. And it will support 128 gig SD cards.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I don't know, between the S5 and the Note 3 I think I'd choose the Note 3. It's features would be more useful to me.

via the phone ⚪

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
The Note 3's camera is significantly worse. The S5 will arguably have the best camera of any Android device so far.

And the water resistance is a big deal IMO.

Vsweety

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I have a Note 8 so can get my S-pen fix there

No you can't because it probably won't work on a non-Galaxy Note device.
And even if it does work on a non-Galaxy Note device, you can't stick it in that new device for safekeeping. So it will jangle loose in your pocket. I guarantee you that you will lose it within 72 hours.
I speak from experience: I've lost 3 already.

and to be honest i don't think i use it to its full potential anyway.....

I agree: I don't think you use it to its full potential yet. If you did you would know.

but i havn't ruled out the Note 4.

The Note 4 would be your best bet, imo.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
The Note 3 definitely needs a better camera. I had two Note 3's and the low light camera performance left me unimpressed both times.

via the tablet 📱

Rick Lovery

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
No you can't because it probably won't work on a non-Galaxy Note device.

I'm a little lost here, the Note 8 is a Galaxy device with S-Pen.

I agree: I don't think you use it to its full potential yet. If you did you would know.

The Note 4 would be your best bet, imo.