Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

Default Best map/navigation app?

Sometime this week my new moto g will arrive. I am buying it only because I need a better phone to help me with my job. My xperia arc is just too slow. I am starting a summer job driving a delivery truck in sweden. Google maps is just fine for highway use but here in sweden there are a lot of smaller gravel and dirt roads and they are not always mapped. I need an app that makes it easy to create custom routes and update current routes that are a little off.
    I was looking at waze but I don't know if its what I really need.
    Is there an app that I can turn on and maybe push a button at business a and then push a button at business b and be able to name and save that route easily and quickly?
    I will be taking the next week or two to ride along with a driver basically as a helper and to learn the route. So I will not have too much time to type in and save all kinds of information. I need a fast and easy way to save my route(s) so I have them when I must go myself. Remember many of these roads are not listed on any maps I have seen.
    Thanks for taking time to read.
    Banned

Global Posts
    414 Global Posts

Default Re: Best map/navigation app?

Quote Originally Posted by marrzie View Post
    Sometime this week my new moto g will arrive. I am buying it only because I need a better phone to help me with my job. My xperia arc is just too slow. I am starting a summer job driving a delivery truck in sweden. Google maps is just fine for highway use but here in sweden there are a lot of smaller gravel and dirt roads and they are not always mapped. I need an app that makes it easy to create custom routes and update current routes that are a little off.
    I was looking at waze but I don't know if its what I really need.
    I think it is.
    And even Google (Maps) thinks so because they bought Waze for 4 billion, a couple months ago. That should tell you something.

Is there an app that I can turn on and maybe push a button at business a and then push a button at business b and be able to name and save that route easily and quickly?
    I will be taking the next week or two to ride along with a driver basically as a helper and to learn the route. So I will not have too much time to type in and save all kinds of information. I need a fast and easy way to save my route(s) so I have them when I must go myself. Remember many of these roads are not listed on any maps I have seen.
    Thanks for taking time to read.
    Waze 'learns' as you ride or drive your route. Even if you don't use Waze to navigate. It just needs to be 'on'.