Is there a way to get Google+'s photos and videos to show up in Google Drive?

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
First, Google+'s auto backup feature is great... love it.... but my wife gets a little annoyed with one particular quirk; while photos and videos in Google+ are stored using your Google Drive storage, those same files can't be seen directly IN Google Drive. So when it comes time to do something with those photos, she has to go into G+, select the files she wants, download them, unzip them and organize them.... That is a lot of unnecessary steps.

Is there a way to make those Google+ photos and videos visible in GD? I have it loaded on our laptop, so if they could show up there, it was eliminate all those intermediary steps. I mean, they're IN Google Drive somewhere.... what gives?

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
First, Google+'s auto backup feature is great... love it.... but my wife gets a little annoyed with one particular quirk; while photos and videos in Google+ are stored using your Google Drive storage, those same files can't be seen directly IN Google Drive. So when it comes time to do something with those photos, she has to go into G+, select the files she wants, download them, unzip them and organize them.... That is a lot of unnecessary steps.

Is there a way to make those Google+ photos and videos visible in GD? I have it loaded on our laptop, so if they could show up there, it was eliminate all those intermediary steps. I mean, they're IN Google Drive somewhere.... what gives?

the only thing I can think of is if you check the following:
In "Photos" select the three wee dots in the top right hand corner, then navigate to "Settings" then select your profile under the heading "account settings" make sure "Google Drive" is ticked.

Hopefully this helps :)

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Well... that does the opposite.... it'll index any photos you have in your Google Drive folders visible in Google+/Photos. That's what is so frustrating. It's not like it would involve some fancy new functionality or anything. All those backed up photos are in some 'hidden' folder..... ug....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz