Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 5 Battery

Cant wait to get my new phones, the Lg G2 and the Sony Xperia Z2 to accompany the Note 3 and I'm going to sell my Nexus 5 as good as it is the battery is shockingly poor 3h 11m compared to the 11hrs + on the note 3.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Nexus 5 Battery

Are you talking about screen-on time? 3 hrs 11 min of screen-on time is on the lower end of average for the N5 (I'm usually on track for 3.5-4 hrs). That in itself is not totally shocking, given the average battery that the N5 has. As a comparison, on my Razr Maxx (the first phone that boasted a monster battery), I was still only able to get 5-6 hrs of total screen-on time on one charge (but with moderate use, I could go a full 2 days between charges). You're getting 11 hrs of screen-on time with the Note 3? That's pretty darn good, but the Note 3 does have a gargantuan battery, after all.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Are you talking about screen-on time? 3 hrs 11 min of screen-on time is on the lower end of average for the N5 (I'm usually on track for 3.5-4 hrs). That in itself is not totally shocking, given the average battery that the N5 has. As a comparison, on my Razr Maxx (the first phone that boasted a monster battery), I was still only able to get 5-6 hrs of total screen-on time on one charge (but with moderate use, I could go a full 2 days between charges). You're getting 11 hrs of screen-on time with the Note 3? That's pretty darn good, but the Note 3 does have a gargantuan battery, after all.
    Totally get that and i by no means trying to compare the Nexus 5s 2600 mah i believe or is it 2300mah cant remember, to a 3200mah.

This 3hrs 11mins is average and not shockingly poor but I'm just used to my Note 3 which is sim locked (hence why I'm using my Nexus 5) I am not going to say its a bad phone all round and value for money its brilliant, I'm just a heavy user and mainly browsing and reading articles, fb, and taking pics ect and that drains that battery fast.

Yeh i was shocked at the 11h and x amount of mins on the Note 3 but i am rooted and have a custom rom wirh bloat removed.

All in all the Nexus 5 is not bad but i like to alternate and i have now tried and for the most part really enjoyed using it.

But the G2 and Z2 and my note 3 means i have some great devices to alternate with and someone who is an average user can then benefit from the Nexus 5.

Posted via Android Central App

Yeah, I totally get what you're saying. It's too bad LG didn't just make the N5 as a G2 GPE, instead of altering some of the hardware.