Cheap Camera Recommendations?

stepaul8

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I am making a trip to Texas this Friday to go to the final four. I want to take a bunch of pictures but I don't know how much I trust my HTC One M7 to take good pictures. Are there any good cheap cameras under $75 or so that will give me good results? Thanks!

Vsweety

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
The Number One factor determining the image quality of your shots is NOT which phonecam or point-and-shoot camera you use. The Number One factor determining the image quality of your shots is CAMERA SUPPORT. Keeping the camera or phonecam rock steady during exposure. Pro photographers do it with big cameras on heavy tripods. But you can do it too. Without having to drag around a tripod. By leaning your phonecam or point-and-shoot on a ledge, a sturdy branch, a fence, the back of a chair, or your knees, or even pressing it sideways against a doorway or a traffic sign post, etc. ANY support is loads better than no support.

Just trying to save you spending money you don't need to spend and get better pictures at the same time. Try it out at home, or where ever you are now, and see what difference it makes with your own eyes on your own device in your particular circumstances.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The Number One factor determining the image quality of your shots is CAMERA SUPPORT. Keeping the camera or phonecam rock steady during exposure.

Keep in mind that the OP is going to the Final Four, so presumably will be taking a lot of action shots. Many phone cameras have poor shutter speed, and can't capture action shots very well--they'll be fairly blurry. That's where a dedicated camera will be better than a typical phone camera.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance