Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Cheap Camera Recommendations?

I am making a trip to Texas this Friday to go to the final four. I want to take a bunch of pictures but I don't know how much I trust my HTC One M7 to take good pictures. Are there any good cheap cameras under $75 or so that will give me good results? Thanks!

Default Re: Cheap Camera Recommendations?

This one will probably be pretty good, but it's online only: Canon PowerShot Elph 115 16MP Digital Camera wit... : Target

Here's a Canon that should be available at your local Best Buy: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/canon-po...=1218866967898
    Banned

Global Posts
    414 Global Posts

The Number One factor determining the image quality of your shots is NOT which phonecam or point-and-shoot camera you use. The Number One factor determining the image quality of your shots is CAMERA SUPPORT. Keeping the camera or phonecam rock steady during exposure. Pro photographers do it with big cameras on heavy tripods. But you can do it too. Without having to drag around a tripod. By leaning your phonecam or point-and-shoot on a ledge, a sturdy branch, a fence, the back of a chair, or your knees, or even pressing it sideways against a doorway or a traffic sign post, etc. ANY support is loads better than no support.

Just trying to save you spending money you don't need to spend and get better pictures at the same time. Try it out at home, or where ever you are now, and see what difference it makes with your own eyes on your own device in your particular circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Vsweety View Post
    The Number One factor determining the image quality of your shots is CAMERA SUPPORT. Keeping the camera or phonecam rock steady during exposure.
    Keep in mind that the OP is going to the Final Four, so presumably will be taking a lot of action shots. Many phone cameras have poor shutter speed, and can't capture action shots very well--they'll be fairly blurry. That's where a dedicated camera will be better than a typical phone camera.