Will a US Samsing Galaxy Note 3 Work in the UK ?!

Don164

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
I am a UK resident and I wish to purchase a Samsung Galaxy Note 3. It's quite expensive in the UK although I was wondering if I bought it from the US, due to the currency conversion rate, it'll come out cheaper (I've previously bought the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition) from the US and the overall cost still came out cheaper had I bought it from here)
My main concern is that will the phone still work here in the UK I.e will I still be able to get calls and will my existing sim card still work (I have no problem with getting it unlocked) ?! I was asking because of the different carriers and antennas and what not. I am not a person uses LTE as my current tariff doesn't support it so I have no problem with that. I'm currently on the 3 carrier in the UK. Thank You

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Verizon told me that all I will have to do when I travel to France is to switch my existing SIM card to a local one and that my phone will work just fine, so I'd imagine it would be the same for you... but I could be wrong.

Don164

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Verizon told me that all I will have to do when I travel to France is to switch my existing SIM card to a local one and that my phone will work just fine, so I'd imagine it would be the same for you... but I could be wrong.

As a UK resident, we don't have Verizon here so I doubt it'll work although I could be wrong. I don't want to spend money to find out it doesn't work.
I'm inquiring mainly because many phones ship to certain countries with antennas that suit their carriers and what not.

Vsweety

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I am a UK resident and I wish to purchase a Samsung Galaxy Note 3. It's quite expensive in the UK although I was wondering if I bought it from the US, due to the currency conversion rate, it'll come out cheaper (I've previously bought the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition) from the US and the overall cost still came out cheaper had I bought it from here)
My main concern is that will the phone still work here in the UK I.e will I still be able to get calls and will my existing sim card still work (I have no problem with getting it unlocked) ?! I was asking because of the different carriers and antennas and what not. I am not a person uses LTE as my current tariff doesn't support it so I have no problem with that. I'm currently on the 3 carrier in the UK. Thank You

If you buy outside the UK your warranty is void in the UK.

Vsweety

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Verizon told me that all I will have to do when I travel to France is to switch my existing SIM card to a local one

Switching SIM cards will get you a local number and local rates. You will have to notify all your relevant contacts* that your number has changed (and again when you go back to using your 'old' number).
Your phone, with your existing number/SIM card, will work just fine where ever you go (except deep in the jungle or the desert, or at sea of course) as long as your phone is on the 'roaming' setting. Your telco's international (roaming) rates will apply. Which are expensive. This is why I buy and use a local SIM card when I'm in the other country for longer than a month. For shorter periods I feel it's too bothersome, and I communicate almost exclusively via WiFi, instant messaging and VoIP (Telegram and Viber) to keep cost under control. Switching the phone completely off when you are abroad and outside WiFi saves both the caller and the called a lot of expense. And your battery! :D

Last edited:

Don164

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
If you buy outside the UK your warranty is void in the UK.

I'm not fussed with warranty as I tens to take care of my phones and my previous 3 phones have been bought just by themselves, no warranty

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Don164

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Switching SIM cards will get you a local number and local rates. You will have to notify all your relevant contacts* that your number has changed (and again when you go back to using your 'old' number).
Your phone, with your existing number/SIM card, will work just fine where ever you go (except deep in the jungle or the desert, or at sea of course) as long as your phone is on the 'roaming' setting. Your telco's international (roaming) rates will apply. Which are expensive. This is why I buy and use a local SIM card when I'm in the other country for longer than a month. For shorter periods I feel it's too bothersome, and I communicate almost exclusively via WiFi, instant messaging and VoIP (Telegram and Viber) to keep cost under control. Switching the phone completely off when you are abroad and outside WiFi saves both the caller and the called a lot of expense. And your battery! :D

I agree, it does seem quite convinent although a bit expensive, my plan is to use my existing sim card so my number stays the same it's just a new phone I want

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app