Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Amazon Fire TV vs Roku 3 vs Apple TV vs Chromecast

Which one would you pick and why?

For me personally, if I hadn't already bought a Roku 3, I'd buy the Amazon Fire TV. I like the Roku 3 because:

- Remote. It comes with a remote, which is essential in a family household. There's a 6 year old and a 70 year old in my house and they both can use the Roku just fine without the need for a smart device.
    - Roku app. For those who don't want another remote, you can just use the app on your smart device.
    - On screen interface. Once again, it's family friendly because the entire family can choose what to watch, instead of being huddled around a smart device.
    - Headphone jack in the remote. Infinitely useful if your kid or room mate is watching My Little Pony and you don't want to be subjected to it.
    - Blazing fast. I have zero complaints about its performance. None.
    - Amazon Prime. I have an Amazon Prime account, and the Apple TV and the Chromecast don't support Amazon Prime.

If I would have known Amazon was releasing a streamer box though, I would have waited. I don't know too many details yet, but I'm curious if it's just Android in a box. Could it be the Ouya slayer that nobody expected? I wonder if you can sideload other apps like emulators or XBMC?

Pretty exciting stuff. Which one would you choose?

Default Re: Amazon Fire TV vs Roku 3 vs Apple TV vs Chromecast

I've been a fan of Chromecast. I manly watch Netflix and I can cast my Chrome tabs which means I can watch Amazon Prime through it .

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    I've been a fan of Chromecast. I manly watch Netflix and I can cast my Chrome tabs which means I can watch Amazon Prime through it .

Can you explain to me how some people complain how the Roku comes with another remote. But they don't see it as an inconvenience to having to use a COMPUTER to cast Chrometabs?

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude074 View Post
    Can you explain to me how some people complain how the Roku comes with another remote. But they don't see it as an inconvenience to having to use a COMPUTER to cast Chrometabs?
    Not sure. I've never used a Roku but I can say using the PC to cast tabs doesn't bother me .