| || |
Amazon Fire TV vs Roku 3 vs Apple TV vs Chromecast
Which one would you pick and why?
For me personally, if I hadn't already bought a Roku 3, I'd buy the Amazon Fire TV. I like the Roku 3 because:
- Remote. It comes with a remote, which is essential in a family household. There's a 6 year old and a 70 year old in my house and they both can use the Roku just fine without the need for a smart device.
- Roku app. For those who don't want another remote, you can just use the app on your smart device.
- On screen interface. Once again, it's family friendly because the entire family can choose what to watch, instead of being huddled around a smart device.
- Headphone jack in the remote. Infinitely useful if your kid or room mate is watching My Little Pony and you don't want to be subjected to it.
- Blazing fast. I have zero complaints about its performance. None.
- Amazon Prime. I have an Amazon Prime account, and the Apple TV and the Chromecast don't support Amazon Prime.
If I would have known Amazon was releasing a streamer box though, I would have waited. I don't know too many details yet, but I'm curious if it's just Android in a box. Could it be the Ouya slayer that nobody expected? I wonder if you can sideload other apps like emulators or XBMC?
Pretty exciting stuff. Which one would you choose?