Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Customize the "Share" Menu?

Is there any way to customize the share menu? For instance - when I'm in my gallery and I want to edit and then share a photo... I only need a handful of apps in that menu. Snapseed. Pixlr Express. PhotoGrid. Instagram. Facebook.

But when I hit the "share" button there are literally 29 items I can choose from and have to sift through. I only ever use like 8 of them max. Can I get all of these other options to NOT be in that menu?

Note - I fear that the answer is going to be "yeah if you're rooted"... which I, sadly, am not.

Thanks for the help, everyone!

- Jason

Default Re: Customize the "Share" Menu?

It's a system function that you can't modify. Some Android skins modify the Gallery app to allow you to set a favorite share method (this was possible on my old Razr Maxx), but that isn't possible on the Gallery app from vanilla Android.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Well well well. I do believe I know what I'll be submitting as my next feature request!!!! Thanks for the answer, B. Diddy!!

Quote Originally Posted by FutureRoscoe View Post
    Is there any way to customize the share menu? For instance - when I'm in my gallery and I want to edit and then share a photo... I only need a handful of apps in
    that menu. Snapseed. Pixlr Express. PhotoGrid. Instagram. Facebook.
    But when I hit the "share" button there are literally 29 items I can choose from and have to sift through. I only ever use like 8 of them max. Can I get all of these other options to NOT be in that
    menu?
    Note - I fear that the answer is going to be "yeah if you're rooted"... which I, sadly, am not.
    Thanks for the help, everyone!
    - Jason
    You can use Andmade Share, it works like what you're wanting most everywhere but... in the stock gallery app is one place it will only work with an extra tap, click on Andmade Share and then you can see your shortened list of apps to share with. It takes one extra tap but better than a mile long list!

Customize the "Share" Menu?-screenshot_2014-04-09-10-43-12.jpg Customize the "Share" Menu?-screenshot_2014-04-09-10-43-35.jpg
    "Don't confuse me with facts, I've already made up my mind!"
    AT&T HTC One X 4.2.2 CleanROM-odexed/Xposed/ ElementalX, Nexus 5 32GB, Nexus 7 32GB (2013)

Quote Originally Posted by FutureRoscoe View Post
    Is there any way to customize the share menu? For instance - when I'm in my gallery and I want to edit and then share a photo... I only need a handful of apps in that menu. Snapseed. Pixlr Express. PhotoGrid. Instagram. Facebook.

But when I hit the "share" button there are literally 29 items I can choose from and have to sift through. I only ever use like 8 of them max. Can I get all of these other options to NOT be in that menu?
    I need to modify what I said earlier. As it turns out you Can share directly from the stock Gallery app. I've known about this app for some time now but out of laziness I didn't get around to installing it and giving it a try till yesterday. I thought it should have been working better in a couple apps so I uninstalled it, cleared most of my app defaults using 1 Tap Cleaner then reinstalled Andmade Share. I rarely use Chrome (I use Dolphin) but I opened it up to get to the share menu in Chrome and set Andmade Share as the system default. Now when I open the Gallery app the icon for Andmade Share is next to the default share button, so no extra clicks. Previously I had the messaging (8sms) icon next to the share button and I think I prefer the messaging app there because I usually share with that, I don't use Facebook or Google+ or anything else. The paid version will let you share with multiple apps so you might want to check it out. I haven't decided if I am going to keep using it but then I don't have 29 apps in my share list.

Customize the "Share" Menu?-screenshot_2014-04-09-16-44-05.jpg
    "Don't confuse me with facts, I've already made up my mind!"
    AT&T HTC One X 4.2.2 CleanROM-odexed/Xposed/ ElementalX, Nexus 5 32GB, Nexus 7 32GB (2013)

I can't find any app can customize share menu. I also think it is a good idea.

If not edit, by which I mean removing unnecessary items from the list, then it would be great to be able to change the order of the apps in the list. At least then the ones we use most would be at the top. Even if we couldn't directly change the list, if it were to default to a "most used first" organization, it would certainly save time and aggravation.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by wantabe View Post
    You can use Andmade Share, it works like what you're wanting most everywhere but... in the stock gallery app is one place it will only work with an extra tap, click on Andmade Share and then you can see your shortened list of apps to share with. It takes one extra tap but better than a mile long list!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-09-10-43-12.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	137.7 KB 
ID:	111562 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-09-10-43-35.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	101.8 KB 
ID:	111563
    Andmade is very very bug ridden, especially the Pro version. I'd suggest trying before buying. The concept is good but the implementation here is st best poor. Should really be part of Android at least in concept.