Is your camera better?

trivor

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I keep my Galaxy S3 around as a backup phone in case something happens to my newest primary phone, LG G2. So I was playing around with both of them and took some indoor snapshots and was amazed at how much better (to the naked eye) the G2 (13 MP with OIS) was than the S3 (8 MP). When I had the S3 (bought brand new at release in July 2012 I thought it had a pretty nice camera and took good snapshots. These pictures were taken in a well lit room and were taken without flash and it was amazing how much better the color detail on the G2 was compared to the S3.

What is everyone else's experience with respect to your Previous Smartphone vs. Your current smartphone? I think this is especially relevant with the the HTC One (M8) vs the competitors.

Vsweety

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
What is everyone else's experience with respect to your Previous Smartphone vs. Your current smartphone? I think this is especially relevant with the the HTC One (M8) vs the competitors.

My experience, and probably most people's, is that camera applications get better with every new generation of phones. Small wonder, of course.
But it's not just the hardware improvements that make a difference. The camera software is at least as important.
For instance: I used to use the Camera360 app. Because it's better than the stock camera app. But since a couple months I use the app "A Better Camera", which is a lot better still. I recommend you trial it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC