Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By ljxdaly
  • 1 Post By Zabigayle
  • 1 Post By ljxdaly
  • 1 Post By ljxdaly
  • 1 Post By Kashan Osama
  • 1 Post By ljxdaly
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Optimus G (probably available used only) vs Moto G vs Huawei G700???

So It has come to the point I am able to buy anyone of them by selling my iphone 4s gevey sim...

The thing is I have searched almost everything about Moto-G vs Optimus-G thingy and i know Moto-G is latest with 4.4 while Optimus G has camera comparable to my iPhone 4s and that 2GB ram factor is really really promising for a multitasker like me...so it is only due to the camera and ram that I am stuck buying it...

Huaewei G700 also has 2gb of ram,but it is huawei so I don't know much about them,Would their camera be comparable to that of 4s' offering?

But first please explain it to me How many versions does Optimus-G have and what do they tell me? Which one should I buy? And I have heard that it is getting 4.4 aswell by now,BUT,which models are getting them?

Or should I go all for Moto-g,if yes,then why should I do that if i am getting something better in similer range (Atleast in my country)?

And then,Which one should I buy?

Please help me
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Optimus G (probably available used only) vs Moto G vs Huawei G700???

Quote Originally Posted by Kashan Osama View Post
    So It has come to the point I am able to buy anyone of them by selling my iphone 4s gevey sim...

The thing is I have searched almost everything about Moto-G vs Optimus-G thingy and i know Moto-G is latest with 4.4 while Optimus G has camera comparable to my iPhone 4s and that 2GB ram factor is really really promising for a multitasker like me...so it is only due to the camera and ram that I am stuck buying it...

Huaewei G700 also has 2gb of ram,but it is huawei so I don't know much about them,Would their camera be comparable to that of 4s' offering?

But first please explain it to me How many versions does Optimus-G have and what do they tell me? Which one should I buy? And I have heard that it is getting 4.4 aswell by now,BUT,which models are getting them?

Or should I go all for Moto-g,if yes,then why should I do that if i am getting something better in similer range (Atleast in my country)?

And then,Which one should I buy?

Please help me
    Bump please help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Optimus G (probably available used only) vs Moto G vs Huawei G700???

sorry for the bump..but bump help :*(

not sure what kind of help you are looking for. it'd be rare to find anyone that has first hand experience with all the models of the opt g, and the moto g, and the huawei. i have the at&t optimus g, and it is not on kit kit. i like it fine. i also have a moto x. like that better.

if i had to choose between the opt g and the moto g, i personally would go with the opt g. i like the 2gb of ram, and i like the sd card, and i like the slightly larger screen.

hope this helps.
    Thanked by:
    Kashan Osama likes this.

The Moto G is a nice phone. I'm currently using one. The only thing is it is sometimes a little on the laggy side. Otherwise it's a great phone.
    Thanked by:
    Kashan Osama likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by ljxdaly View Post
    not sure what kind of help you are looking for. it'd be rare to find anyone that has first hand experience with all the models of the opt g, and the moto g, and the huawei. i have the at&t optimus g, and it is not on kit kit. i like it fine. i also have a moto x. like that better.

if i had to choose between the opt g and the moto g, i personally would go with the opt g. i like the 2gb of ram, and i like the sd card, and i like the slightly larger screen.

hope this helps.
    I heard that Optimus g is reportedly getting kitkat?true?

i truly don't know if it is or is not. i have a KK rom going on it, cm 11 i think. the opt g is easy to root, easy to install a custom recovery, and easy to install a custom rom.
    Thanked by:
    Kashan Osama likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

i truly don't know if it is or is not. i have a KK rom going on it, cm 11 i think. the opt g is easy to root, easy to install a custom recovery, and easy to install a custom rom.
    So last question...are you experiencing any lag/stutter/slow downs with opening apps,and how is that multitasking?

And lastly: does both AT&T and INTL version has abundant and good roms available like CM11 etc etc?

i have no knowledge about anything with international. i'm in usa.

no lag whatsoever. i installed cm 11 for the sole reason of getting ART, and imo it works beautifully. i'm a fan of android runtime now. first time i ran it, it took forever for the apps to install. but they launch rather quickly now.

i cannot say if there are plenty of roms. if i recall, xda developers had a few that were KK based. i'm not a big custom rom person, though i do in fact have a custom rom on all my devices. and that is because i wanted one particular feature, which was ART.
    Thanked by:
    Kashan Osama likes this.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

i have no knowledge about anything with international. i'm in usa.

no lag whatsoever. i installed cm 11 for the sole reason of getting ART, and imo it works beautifully. i'm a fan of android runtime now. first time i ran it, it took forever for the apps to install. but they launch rather quickly now.

i cannot say if there are plenty of roms. if i recall, xda developers had a few that were KK based. i'm not a big custom rom person, though i do in fact have a custom rom on all my devices. and that is because i wanted one particular feature, which was ART.
    So from you i have acknowledged that AT&T version does have a smooth working rom...thank you mate

Intl. Users o optimus g? Do chime and tell us about Kitkat roms of Intl. Version...

Thanked by:
    ljxdaly likes this.

just today i got an ota cm11 update for my opt g. it is not a stable release, but it is a snapshot, which is not too shabby. i notice that cyanogenmod has a cm 11 snapshot for the international as well, so at least cm support is continuing.
    Thanked by:
    Kashan Osama likes this.