Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By wizzrah
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Moving to Germany/Europe for 15 months...Moto X vs. Nexus 5 global capabilities?

I've used both, I love both. I need an unlocked phone simply as a nonphone device, with the option to join a european carrier if need be.

I know all about the performance and specs and UI and blah blah blah...

What im curious about is whether one is, for some reason, better suited for living/traveling around Europe? A chip? A little alien inside that speaks German? I don't know what could make one better in this area, but there may be something. So, is there?

Thank you!

Global Posts
    3,832 Global Posts
    ROM
    WDGI EX Rom v1.0

Default Re: Moving to Germany/Europe for 15 months...Moto X vs. Nexus 5 global capabilities?

Quote Originally Posted by turbotooslow View Post
    I've used both, I love both. I need an unlocked phone simply as a nonphone device, with the option to join a european carrier if need be.

What im curious about is whether one is, for some reason, better suited for living/traveling around Europe? A chip? A little alien inside that speaks German? I don't know what could make one better in this area, but there may be something. So, is there?

Thank you!
    Probably the Nexus 5. It supports multiple bands and would work swell. :P

You should check this article out, as there are two versions of the Nexus 5.

http://www.androidcentral.com/nexus-...nt-between-two
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

ADB Console by wizzrah. Check it out!: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sof...e-wizzrah.html

UJ95x likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    414 Global Posts

Default Re: Moving to Germany/Europe for 15 months...Moto X vs. Nexus 5 global capabilities?

Quote Originally Posted by turbotooslow View Post

15 months?
    Then I would purchase my phone over there to get a valid and working warranty scheme.
    The warranty on hardware purchased in one country does not apply in another country.
    You don't need to worry about the capabilities of hardware purchased in Germany. They are state-of-the-art. Ask the NSA...

Get the Nexus 5 international version. There isn't any phones supporting more bands than Nexus.

sent via nVidia Shield

Global Posts
    6,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

The Nexus 5 is definitely better in terms of band support. If that's your deciding factor go for it. If not, I'd get the X as I think its features make it a better phone

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan