- 21 Posts
Are there any ways to write to SD card that don't involve rooting?
I have a LG G Pad 8.3 GPE and I want a camera app that will write directly to the SD card. The stock google camera will not write to the SD card. Is there another camera app from the play store that will write directly to the sd card. I have read that I can root the tablet and enable writing to the sd card, but I would rather not have to do that level of tinkering if I don't have to.
- 04-10-2014, 02:43 PM #2
- 04-11-2014, 05:52 AM #3
- 04-16-2014, 10:36 AM #4
Re: Are there any ways to write to SD card that don't involve rooting?
That's not entirely true.
Until the KitKat android update, any app could write to the SD card and I know that several camera apps did.
After KitKat apps aren't blocked from writing to the SD card, they are blocked from writing to any folder on the SDCard except their own. So it is still possible but requires the app to have it's own folder on the SD Card.
Since I have been pretty happy with the Samsung camera app, I haven't bothered looking at others. But they definitely exist for <KitKat and should exist soon for KitKat+.
- By android jack in forum Android AntivirusReplies: 3Last Post: 06-06-2014, 08:26 AM
- By miggdmac in forum HTC One M8Replies: 8Last Post: 06-03-2014, 11:45 AM
- By NastyNeil in forum HTC One M8Replies: 10Last Post: 04-26-2014, 08:48 AM
- By thevaristy in forum HTC One M8Replies: 2Last Post: 04-10-2014, 11:48 AM
- By bigdpower in forum Samsung Gear 2 & Gear 2 NeoReplies: 0Last Post: 04-10-2014, 11:26 AM