Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By someguy01234
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default USB OTG App?

Hi, my otg cable just arrived today but unfortunately I can't use it. I thought my phone supported otg hosting is there a good otg app that will work for android? My phone is not rooted.

Default Re: USB OTG App?

Nope. There are no OTG apps I know of only File managers that can access mounted devices. So if your phone can't mount through OTG already and you don't have root you have no options.

You can use this app to see if your phone support OTG: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ostdiagnostics

Some phones won't have OTG working without a OTG enabled kernel and root.
    AeroBlast365 likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by someguy01234 View Post
    You can use this app to see if your phone support OTG: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ostdiagnostics

Some phones won't have OTG working without a OTG enabled kernel and root.
    Thanks! I tried that app and I don't think my phone supports on-the-go, it gave me a unique code if it helps: 327107. In any case is there anything else I can do now at this point? Should rooting be an option?

Global Posts
    4,216 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Quote Originally Posted by AeroBlast365 View Post
    Thanks! I tried that app and I don't think my phone supports on-the-go, it gave me a unique code if it helps: 327107. In any case is there anything else I can do now at this point? Should rooting be an option?
    It depends on your phone. What phone do you have?

-Wizzrah, Android Central Ambassador | Sent from my AT&T HTC One X running CodefireX 4.4.2
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

OMG BECKY IT'S ALMOST HERE. The greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone is on the verge of release. Unlock bootloaders, flash recoveries, root, and more. Open source, powerful, end-to-end encryption, enhanced by Droplr and Amazon's Secure Content Distribution Network. Best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    It depends on your phone. What phone do you have?

-Wizzrah, Android Central Ambassador | Sent from my AT&T HTC One X running CodefireX 4.4.2
    I have the mytouch 4g slide and found this thread here for installing the drivers for snapdragon which should then support OTG but I'm a little confused as to how to install these.

Quote from the thread:
    If your device doesn't have native USB OTG functionality, there are kernel patches for some older devices to enable the functionality, most notably for:

- S5PC210 based Samsung phones (Galaxy S, Captivate, Nexus S)
    - QSD8250 based HTC phones (G1, Nexus One, Desire, Incredible)

You can find appropriate kernel drivers for these phones here:
    - Samsung phones: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1450298
    - HTC phones: Nexus One USB host mode driver
    Can anyone help me?