Does Verizon Offer a Brand That Gets Reception As Good or Better Than Moto?

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I use the Galaxy S4 through Verizon. The phone is a great device for gaming and multitasking, but the reception sucks. I don't want a Motorola because their processors are slow and outdated, but Motorola has superior radios. Any suggestions?

Posted via Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Hm where do you live? Usually Verizon is good no matter what.

I'll get our Verizon guy to see if he has any suggestions :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
S4 i heard isn't in the top of the pack, probably similar to my s3,which isn't bad but not the best either. The phone with the best service in low signal areas is my my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II which was better than even my Verizon Droid razr maxx. Although the note 2 is old now and doesn't offer band 4 support. My Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is not bad either but still not as good as my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II.

Some consider Samsung to be the worst, Motorola to be the best, and HTC in the middle , but my Verizon Samsung Galaxy
Note II blew my HTC Thunderbolt out of the water in terms of radio.

Really there isn't really a single brand that gets the best reception on all it's phones. You would have to check on specific devices. Also every one's experience can be different. Even though most agree that the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II had an excellent radio, a small minority thought that it wasn't as good as other devices. And this could be due to a number of factors.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
My discovery came at work. At my desk, my Galaxy S4 gets zero reception. I have two coworkers, who are on Verizon like me, and use Motorola. One of the Motorola phones is at least two years old, beat up, and has a cracked screen. My other coworker has a newer Motorola phone. Both of them get between 1-2 bars of signal and are able to make outgoing calls without breaking up sitting at my desk. So I'm convinced that the Motorola line-up is superior to the Samsung Galaxy line-up. I'm due for an upgrade, but nothing offered by Verizon really has me interested. I thought about the M8, but a non-removable battery is a deal breaker. I'm waiting for Motorola to release a device that offers a quad core software package, pushing 2+ gigs. I do an immense amount of multitasking on my phone as well as gaming, and a speedy processor is a necessity. I'm hoping Motorola has something in the works.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781