Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By ahawkua
  • 2 Post By sting7k
  • 1 Post By sting7k
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Banned

Default Will Google start charging for things like google photos?

I am just wondering if Google will charge for features such as Google photos where they back your pictures to your account. Would Google start charging for this or any of their other features? What will happen when the they run out of storage space?
    RebeccaFU likes this.

Default Re: Will Google start charging for things like google photos?

If they did there would be a HUGE revolt and probably mass exodus from their platforms.

The day that happens will be the day that hell freezes over and money rains from the sky.

Posted via Android Central App

Google drive space is still too small, it is not enough to store tremendous photos absolutely. Fliker is a better option.

Global Posts
    3,523 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.2

Google doesn't need to collect your dollars because you already give them lots and lots of data which they sell for lots and lots of advertiser's dollars.
    phonejunky and carlsmileee like this.

Quote Originally Posted by scottfoxfox View Post
    Google drive space is still too small, it is not enough to store tremendous photos absolutely. Fliker is a better option.
    If you backup full-size pictures, this matters. Standard-size pictures (you can pick in the options which you're uploading during backup) don't count against Drive space.

Quote Originally Posted by sting7k View Post
    Google doesn't need to collect your dollars because you already give them lots and lots of data which they sell for lots and lots of advertiser's dollars.
    Google, Evil or Not?
    LOL

I don't see it happening.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.

Global Posts
    20,816 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

I think other things would happen first...Peace in the Middle East for at least 10 years, famine becoming non existent, etc...

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Global Posts
    3,523 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.2

Quote Originally Posted by carlsmileee View Post
    Google, Evil or Not?
    LOL
    IMHO, all corporations are a little bit of both.
    carlsmileee likes this.

i think Google Photos is part of everyones free 15gb of google storage.

Google doesn't need to charge for the basic stuff... they already make money hand over fist off of you using their stuff... If they get away from their current model, it'll kill them. Google makes money off of people using their services. It is their massive user base that advertisers and marketers covet. If start charging for stuff that people had been using for free, like Google Photos (which is really just an extension of Google+), people just go off and find another free offering, and their user base shrinks...

And they lose money.

Put out of your mind that Google is somehow giving away services, or losing money by offering them to us for free. It is a simple exchange.... it's similar to broadcast television.... sure, we can watch it for free, but they recoup those costs via advertising dollars from commercials and product placements. Google does the same thing....and it makes them a filthy amount of cash.

By the way, backup is Google Photo's advantage, but it shows image slowly while I scroll down to browse through album thumbnails, I often wait for images download.

Quote Originally Posted by ahawkua View Post
    I am just wondering if Google will charge for features such as Google photos where they back your pictures to your account. Would Google start charging for this or any of their other features? What will happen when the they run out of storage space?
    I mean they kinda charge for it. You can pay for more storage options. I would only see them keeping it at that.