Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Directstylus (Pro) compatibility? (Also C-Pen replacement nibs?)

    Considering the C-Pen (S3, S4) has a 3mm tip and Cypress/Synaptics' touchscreen offerings can detect a 2mm or even a 1mm tip... Has anyone tested the Tegra Note 7 Directstylus on a Galaxy S3 / S4 / S5 or G Pro / G Pro 2 / G Pro Lite / G2?

    From what I gather there are no replacements nibs for Samsung's C-Pen nor LG's Stylus Pen (G Pro Lite) while the Directstylus comes with replacement nibs (and from the looks of it they do fit on the other two).

    The iClooly Dual Stylus Pen looks very similar too but I couldn't find replacement nibs for it either.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Directstylus (Pro) compatibility? (Also C-Pen replacement nibs?)

    Just tested the directstylus from my Tegra Note 7 on my wife's G2. Worked great. Very responsive.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Directstylus (Pro) compatibility? (Also C-Pen replacement nibs?)

    I assume the G2 sports the same touchscreen tech as the S4 / S5, so it should work on those too.

    jdevenberg: How's the Tegra Note 7 working for you? (Note-taking, drawing and such.)
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Directstylus (Pro) compatibility? (Also C-Pen replacement nibs?)

    Quote Originally Posted by limaofarofa View Post
    I assume the G2 sports the same touchscreen tech as the S4 / S5, so it should work on those too.

    jdevenberg: How's the Tegra Note 7 working for you? (Note-taking, drawing and such.)
    Yes all smartphones now a days (outside of the Note 3) use the same capacitive technology for the screens.

    I love my Tegra Note. I had a Nexus 7 (2013) before the Tegra Note and am glad I switched. The pen input is comparable to my Note 3. It is quicker and more accurate than my Note 3 but it lacks the hover controls. It truly works as well as they advertise.

    Posted via Android Central App
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Directstylus (Pro) compatibility? (Also C-Pen replacement nibs?)

    Quote Originally Posted by jdevenberg View Post
    Yes all smartphones now a days (outside of the Note 3) use the same capacitive technology for the screens.

    I love my Tegra Note. I had a Nexus 7 (2013) before the Tegra Note and am glad I switched. The pen input is comparable to my Note 3. It is quicker and more accurate than my Note 3 but it lacks the hover controls. It truly works as well as they advertise.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Nice to know, I liked what I've seen so far and I'm keeping my eye on these. The Slate 7 Extreme looks solid but seems to be lagging behind on updates. I guess all the the Tegra Note 7 branded ones are the same apart from the OEM.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Directstylus (Pro) compatibility? (Also C-Pen replacement nibs?)

    Quote Originally Posted by limaofarofa View Post
    Nice to know, I liked what I've seen so far and I'm keeping my eye on these. The Slate 7 Extreme looks solid but seems to be lagging behind on updates. I guess all the the Tegra Note 7 branded ones are the same apart from the OEM.
    Yes, but, as you said, the HP is lagging behind on updates. I wanted the HP because I like how it looks and the I've read the screen is calibrated slightly better. But, I wanted to make sure I got timely updates, so I went with the EVGA from NewEgg.com

Similar Threads

  1. Seems like I have no more use for the Note Pro 12.2
    By SHIVA77 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-01-2014, 08:37 PM
  2. Just got a new update for my galaxy 12.1 Pro
    By p2hero in forum Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-26-2014, 05:55 PM
  3. Copy Outlook 2007 Contacts from PC to Tab Pro 8.4 Contacts
    By jhad65 in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-17-2014, 01:43 PM
  4. Whatsapp missing from pen window.
    By Mohammed Buhamad in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-17-2014, 04:29 AM
  5. Samsung S4 i9505 USB Port Replacement
    By halimmustafa in forum Rogers Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-16-2014, 05:48 AM

Posting Permissions