Directstylus (Pro) compatibility? (Also C-Pen replacement nibs?)

limaofarofa

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Considering the C-Pen (S3, S4) has a 3mm tip and Cypress/Synaptics' touchscreen offerings can detect a 2mm or even a 1mm tip... Has anyone tested the Tegra Note 7 Directstylus on a Galaxy S3 / S4 / S5 or G Pro / G Pro 2 / G Pro Lite / G2?

From what I gather there are no replacements nibs for Samsung's C-Pen nor LG's Stylus Pen (G Pro Lite) while the Directstylus comes with replacement nibs (and from the looks of it they do fit on the other two).

The iClooly Dual Stylus Pen looks very similar too but I couldn't find replacement nibs for it either.

Last edited:

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Just tested the directstylus from my Tegra Note 7 on my wife's G2. Worked great. Very responsive.

Posted via Android Central App

limaofarofa

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I assume the G2 sports the same touchscreen tech as the S4 / S5, so it should work on those too.

jdevenberg: How's the Tegra Note 7 working for you? (Note-taking, drawing and such.)

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I assume the G2 sports the same touchscreen tech as the S4 / S5, so it should work on those too.

jdevenberg: How's the Tegra Note 7 working for you? (Note-taking, drawing and such.)

Yes all smartphones now a days (outside of the Note 3) use the same capacitive technology for the screens.

I love my Tegra Note. I had a Nexus 7 (2013) before the Tegra Note and am glad I switched. The pen input is comparable to my Note 3. It is quicker and more accurate than my Note 3 but it lacks the hover controls. It truly works as well as they advertise.

limaofarofa

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Yes all smartphones now a days (outside of the Note 3) use the same capacitive technology for the screens.

I love my Tegra Note. I had a Nexus 7 (2013) before the Tegra Note and am glad I switched. The pen input is comparable to my Note 3. It is quicker and more accurate than my Note 3 but it lacks the hover controls. It truly works as well as they advertise.

Nice to know, I liked what I've seen so far and I'm keeping my eye on these. The Slate 7 Extreme looks solid but seems to be lagging behind on updates. I guess all the the Tegra Note 7 branded ones are the same apart from the OEM.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Nice to know, I liked what I've seen so far and I'm keeping my eye on these. The Slate 7 Extreme looks solid but seems to be lagging behind on updates. I guess all the the Tegra Note 7 branded ones are the same apart from the OEM.

Yes, but, as you said, the HP is lagging behind on updates. I wanted the HP because I like how it looks and the I've read the screen is calibrated slightly better. But, I wanted to make sure I got timely updates, so I went with the EVGA from NewEgg.com