Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Evilguppy
  • 1 Post By LeoRex
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Which Should I Get?

Trying to decide which phone I should get. I have three choices Ive narrowed it down to.

1. Note 3
    2. Galaxy S5
    3. HTC One (M8)

Default Re: Which Should I Get?

I love my Note 3.
    I need the larger screen (poor eyesight, lol) and the S-Pen with dual screen option is simply awesome. I love the battery life, too.
    Banned

Easy, S5. Note 3 is close to obsolete and the M8 has a crappy camera.
    Quote Originally Posted by mixercub View Post
    Trying to decide which phone I should get. I have three choices Ive narrowed it down to.

1. Note 3
    2. Galaxy S5
    3. HTC One (M8)

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts

Easy, M8. That only if you want a better quality handset than samsung ones.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,478 Global Posts

1. Note 3
    2. Galaxy S5
    3. HTC One (M8)
    The Note series is a completely different animal.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto G)
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I take a lot of pictures and I want something that takes a SD card and also good battery.

I would have to say the Note3 is the BEST of the three for an overall device
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Is there any word of the Note 3 getting KitKat tho? Id hate to get it and it be obsolete.

Is there any word of the Note 3 getting KitKat tho? Id hate to get it and it be obsolete.
    you know, I have jellybean for my Note 3 and kitkat for my Note pro. I love both devices but I am in no hurry to get kitkat on my note 3: it works perfectly as is. In fact considering all the issues I keep reading about for people who have upgraded to kitkat, I think I will avoid it if I can. I think that my phone will run best with the software it shipped out with, plain and simple.
    KitKat is great on my tablet because that's what it shipped out with, I'm not sure an upgrade would do it any good if it were available.
    So no, I don't think getting a Note 3 now would make it obsolete because of kitkat. At all.
    Spencerdl likes this.

Note 3 already has KitKat on most carriers.

I vote Note 3. It is simply the best phone of the three you're looking at. Unless you couldn't live with the screen size, there is no area the other two are significantly better than the Note in (the 801 is not that much more powerful than the 800), and there are a few areas where the Note is clearly superior to the other two.

About the Note 3 being almost 'obsolete'... bah.... First, if they stick to the plan, the Note 4 will not be released until September. Second, like many of the current 'flagship' phones... S5, M8, Nexus 5, G2, etc.... these are all blazing fast phones with big, high res screens and should remain as viable devices for quite a while. I just got rid of my S3, which was released in 2012, and it was STILL a pretty good phone in its own right some 18 months after launch. The Note 3 is, in my opinion, still the premiere mobile device on the market right now... in terms of performance, overall functionality, etc... it's a S-Class AMG Mercedes. The only "drawback" is that it's FRIGGIN' HUGE! But, the S5 is a pretty heafty beast in its own right.

If the size of the Note 3 isn't an issue, get that sucker, it's a great device that'll serve you well. Otherwise go with the S5. Either way, you win.

The only reason to get the M8 is if you are so hung up about looks and the metal body is a must or if you want to take the highest quality selfies on the market. That phone is for narcissists.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    414 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LeoRex View Post
    The only reason to get the M8 is if you are so hung up about looks and the metal body is a must or if you want to take the highest quality selfies on the market. That phone is for narcissists.
    (Italics mine)

Excellent typology! LOL!

I wouldn't be surprised if some people, if they could, would even buy an M8 without its electronic innards! I.o.w. impotent; not functioning. Just to be able to put it down on the table in front of them so that others may see it and drool over what a cool guy you must be to have such a gorgeous (?) Star Trekkish phone...
    It's like those people in tropical countries that drive around in big Mercs and Cadillacs powered by a 1,5 liter Toyota engine (but, hey, you can't see the engine anyway, can you), and with the windows tightly shut – despite the heat – so that people on the sidewalk may assume they have air conditioning...
    Or the Bang & Olufsen types, who are prepared to pay a hefty premium for a standard Phillips sound system (good, but not very good) in a hip, a "with-it" Danish design.
    To embarrassingly many people the(ir) projected image is more important than the gadget's real functionality.