is software engineering a good job?

ahawkua

Banned
Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I have always been interested in technology and happen to like software. Would this be a good career?

Posted via Android Central App

Vsweety

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I have always been interested in technology and happen to like software. Would this be a good career?

If you're good at whatever you plan on doing, and work hard at it, yeah, it could be a good job for you.
But a good 'career'? Who knows? Careers are supposed to last 30/40 years or longer. While it's hard to foresee what route software will take even only 5 years from now, of course.

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site

Software engineer is a very good career if you choose the right software to engineer. Web software engineers are a dime a dozen. The big bucks are in the software that power everything else; C++, COBOL, etc.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

It depends on what you know. That's a very tough sector. Web developers you can find anywhere, so don't be that. If you pick the right language, yes it is a good job.

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I have my B.Sc Mechanical Engineering, Math Minor, and an M.Sc Theoretical Physics. I work with software engineers. They are an important part of keeping the mainframe infrastructure maintained. Plus, there is a huge demand for computer science majors.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

_X_

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
If you like programming it's a great job, else it's very frustrating. The great thing about this industry is the investment doesn't take a lot to get started. Within one hour you can start programming. Of course programmer with a degree will be far more marketable.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc