Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Hitchin' Phone to computer

Sometimes my Windows pc will recognize my SG2 when I plug it in but most of the time now it won't. My pc at work will. It's really weird. How do I access that Contacts and Memos on the phone from the pc?
    Banned

Global Posts
    414 Global Posts

Default Re: Hitchin' Phone to computer

Quote Originally Posted by 1Ando View Post
    Sometimes my Windows pc will recognize my SG2 when I plug it in but most of the time now it won't. My pc at work will. It's really weird.
    Wild guess:
    a contact problem in the connector(s)/buses/ports on either your SG2 or your PC, or both, or in the USB cable itself. A hardware problem.

How do I access that Contacts and Memos on the phone from the pc?
    Install the free app Teamviewer on both your SG2 and your PC. Start them up and you can control the one from the other, and v.v.
    Wireless (circumventing any hardware connection problems), via WiFi and the internet, so there is a slight lag, depending on your connection.
    Ideal for remote helpdesk functions for friends and relatives.
    And if you leave your home PC and its Teamviewer app 'on' (protected by a password screensaver) you will always have remote access to your PC's full functions, processing power, and storage. Where ever you are.
    On your PC that means that your SG2's screen will display edge-to-edge on your PC screen. Then you can control the SG2 remotely, from the PC, with its mouse or trackpad, and a comfortable fullsize keyboard...
    Great for IM 'sessions'.