If you were forced to get a phone right now....

Prinny Mask

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Since I just got an M8, I'd get a Z2 or Z1 Compact. My next choice would probably be a Note 3, just so I could play around with the S-Pen, but I'd pick one of those two being practical over curious.

Illustrator Joe

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
I would probably try the S5 (not GPe) but it would be a really tough choice between the S5 and M8. Or maybe a windows phone, 8.1 has me interested, but lack of Google services are what really hold me back.

Last edited:

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
For the fact that I like HTC devices if money was no object then I would get the M8. If was on a budget I'd get the N5.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If money were no object, I'd get an Xperia Z2, LG G Pro 2, or Note 3.

If I were limitted to what is currently available to purchace in the United States, I'd get a G2 or a Note 3. The G2 is, in my opinion, on par with the S5/M8 and is $150-$200 less than them. I honestly cannot see a good reason to spend more on the M8 or S5 unless you are simply an HTC or Samsung fan. The Note 3 is an awesome phone and is very unique with its pen input. If you like the big screen and/or will use the pen, the Note 3 is the way to go.

If I were budget constrained, I'd get a Moto X.

Tom Westrick

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
If I could wait literally one day, I'm curious to see how the OnePlus One will turn out, especially since OnePlus split from OPPO and the phone will be running Cyanogen. If I had to choose right this second, I'd stick with my Nexus 5.

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Hummm, I have the Note3 (black) and Gold 5s....I would probably get abother Note3 (white) for my Wife (she already has the Gold 5s).

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
If it were today, Moto X on Verizon and Nexus 5 on just about everything else. 3rd choice is M8 or G2, too tough to call between the two.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Why not the GS5 instead of the GS4? Is this for money reasons? I just find it interesting in a good way! :)

The S4 is a great phone that probably has another 12 months of support left. That is one reason I would not buy an S4 right now. You can get a phone that is just as good (the Nexus 5) for less, and it will have a longer support window.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
The S4 is a great phone that probably has another 12 months of support left. That is one reason I would not buy an S4 right now. You can get a phone that is just as good (the Nexus 5) for less, and it will have a longer support window.

Oh I know. That is why I was asking. Its an interesting topic is all. Sorry if it's seen as "off topic"!

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

When you are on Verizon, a Nexus 5 is out of the question. I also am not a fan of the battery life of the Nexus 5.

Posted via Android Central App

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
When you are on Verizon, a Nexus 5 is out of the question. I also am not a fan of the battery life of the Nexus 5.

I'll give you that you cannot get a N5 on Verizon. However, there are still better choices than the GS4. Either the Moto X (or Droid Mini/Ultra/Maxx) or the LG G2 make more sense to buy right now on Verizon than the GS4.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I'll give you that you cannot get a N5 on Verizon. However, there are still better choices than the GS4. Either the Moto X (or Droid Mini/Ultra/Maxx) or the LG G2 make more sense to buy right now on Verizon than the GS4.

Gs4 has more accessory support and easily available anywhere for a reasonable price off contract. On Glyde.com for example its ~$280. I said the Moto X I would take before in my previous post, and the Ultra and Maxx are too big for me. The Mini would be a logical choice too but it's hovering around the price of the Moto X and GS4 off contract from third party places.

So in summary, GS4, Moto X, iPhone 5, and the Droid Mini would be good choices for me. Everything else is too big (LG G2, Ultra, Maxx) or not available on my carrier (Nexus 5).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac