ntfs vs apk files

cruiser2000

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Although I'm a old UNIX/DOS guy from the 70's. I'm new to the new 21 century android world
So I have some basic (dumb) questions

I'm trying to figure out what I'll need, apps and programs, to do what, and what happens automatically.
My biggest question has to do with transferring files and converting files from Android to PC
I've been doing some Google on it and it's all a little overwhelming. (another OS environment to learn, with a whole new set of rules)
I understand I can use the supplied usb cable or wifi to transfer files.
I plan on using wifi to download application programs and videos and transferring them to my pc.
I want to be able to store my documents on a memory device and open them on either device.

However, if I store files on the flash drive or SD card (sneaker net)m which os system does the files have to be in.
Can I take a USB flash from my pc (ntfs) and plug it into my tablet ( or vice a verse), or will the android device reformat the drive and delete the files?
If they are pc application ( like flash or pc applications) ,video files or just pic on the android device, do I have to convert them or will the android device download the file as is?
I asking general questions, so if anyone can give me the general idea of it. I can figure out specific apps and programs needed later.

I

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2