Redirecting all data to SD Card

PVO

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I am trying to find a solution for intercepting the data from the Native Android Mail Client, flagging it and then directing it to the SD Card so that the controller on the SD card knows that the data needs to be encrypted.

This needs to work for all Mail Client Data as well as for Attachments.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Regards,
Peter

Vsweety

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
"Upwards" will be a problem because starting with Kitkat Google/Android has seen fit to disable writing user-selected files to the external SD card.

If that wasn't a pretty fundamental problem I would see if the apps Tasker or llama could execute what you want.

PVO

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
thanks - the directIO buffer alignment bug for KitKat has been fixed by google and will be rolled out by the OEM in OTA Updates so in the near future that will be solved - writing code that "manually" picks the data, flags it, then saves it on the SD card and then deletes the original data might be a workaround but leaves a lot of opportunity for a man in the middle to read all the data AND after deleting the original data, the mail client will not know where to look for its data anymore which leads to synchronization issues - ideally, there would be a mail client API that one can integrate with to define the storage path as well enabling an on the fly flagging of the data in order to allow the SD card controller to identify and encrypt the data that is coming in.

Any Ideas where to start?

Vsweety

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
the directIO buffer alignment bug for KitKat has been fixed by google and will be rolled out by the OEM in OTA Updates so in the near future that will be solved

What is your source for that?
"In the near future" sounds like ma?ana to me.
So I'll believe it when I see it.

PVO

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Sure - for rooted devices, not a very Enterprise Grade solution as many public administrations use Secure SD card solutions...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2