Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Help choosing a Phone.

    Hello guys. So i am finally upgrading phone, currently using some old Blackberry that i have been using for a couple of years now. I'm looking for a smartphone with a 5+ inch screen, great camera, good for music and great specs to run games ect. You guys got any suggestions?
  2. #2  
  3. #3  
    Vsweety's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    410 Posts
    Global Posts
    414 Global Posts

    Default Re: Help choosing a Phone.

    Quote Originally Posted by HapyyGoku View Post
    Hello guys. So i am finally upgrading phone, currently using some old Blackberry that i have been using for a couple of years now. I'm looking for a smartphone with a 5+ inch screen, great camera, good for music and great specs to run games ect. You guys got any suggestions?
    Seriously, every 'flagship' Android phone of the major brands you can get these days – SGS5, SGN3, LGG2, MotoX, M8, etc. – will be a HUGE improvement over your BB in all of the aspects you mention. So much so, imo, that for you, coming from that BB, the differences between them will even be hard to notice in the first couple months you use it/them. So in your shoes I'd look at which of those current 'flagship' Android phones of the major brands gets you the best deal where you live and work.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Help choosing a Phone.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vsweety View Post
    Seriously, every 'flagship' Android phone of the major brands you can get these days – SGS5, SGN3, LGG2, MotoX, M8, etc. – will be a HUGE improvement over your BB in all of the aspects you mention. So much so, imo, that for you, coming from that BB, the differences between them will even be hard to notice in the first couple months you use it/them. So in your shoes I'd look at which of those current 'flagship' Android phones of the major brands gets you the best deal where you live and work.
    I know anything will be better than what i have. I did go into EE the other day to try out some phones but sadly they only had a couple of phones on the shop floor to play about with. The HTC One M8, Samsung galaxy S5 and LG G2 where behind glass. So i thought i would come here and ask.
  5. #5  
    Vsweety's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    410 Posts
    Global Posts
    414 Global Posts

    Default Re: Help choosing a Phone.

    OK, but first you got to tell: what would you want to use this new phone of yours for every day?
  6. #6  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    21,786 Posts
    Global Posts
    22,226 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: Help choosing a Phone.

    Quote Originally Posted by HapyyGoku View Post
    Hello guys. So i am finally upgrading phone, currently using some old Blackberry that i have been using for a couple of years now. I'm looking for a smartphone with a 5+ inch screen, great camera, good for music and great specs to run games ect. You guys got any suggestions?
    Welcome to the forums.
    I would honestly suggest the M8 over all those you asked about. the G2 would be next.

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Help choosing a Phone.

    I personally like the Nexus 5, plus it's cheap. If you really care a lot about the camera, Nokias are best, but most Nokias these days are Windows Phone, which is going to mean less game selection. If you don't mind the cloud, I also think Android has the better music options. If you can, see if you can live with a N5 camera. If not, try an S5, M8, or G2.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Help choosing a Phone.

    I also think Android has the better music options.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: Help choosing a Phone.

    Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Welcome to the forums.
    I would honestly suggest the M8 over all those you asked about. the G2 would be next.
    The M8 seems good but the camera seems to not be impressive. The G2 looks good too but i have been reading reviews for it and people seems to hate the UI.

    Quote Originally Posted by zorak950 View Post
    I personally like the Nexus 5, plus it's cheap. If you really care a lot about the camera, Nokias are best, but most Nokias these days are Windows Phone, which is going to mean less game selection. If you don't mind the cloud, I also think Android has the better music options. If you can, see if you can live with a N5 camera. If not, try an S5, M8, or G2.
    I have been looking at the Nexus 5, looks like a good phone but i can get the LG G2 at the same price "340" what one would be the better pick?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vsweety View Post
    OK, but first you got to tell: what would you want to use this new phone of yours for every day?
    I would be using it for browsing, games and music allot and taking some pics too. Takes me about 1hr 15mins to get to my collage by train so i would have allot of time for browsing ect.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Help choosing a Phone.

    Quote Originally Posted by HapyyGoku View Post
    I have been looking at the Nexus 5, looks like a good phone but i can get the LG G2 at the same price "340" what one would be the better pick?
    They have extremely similar hardware, so it's going to come down to software. The N5 is the cleaner, "vanilla" Android experience and is going to get the faster updates direct from Google, while the G2 is going to have LG's proprietary enhancements, which include better battery life and camera pictures. Personally, I prefer the Nexus, but ideally you should try both and decide for yourself.
    Thanked by:
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Help choosing a Phone.

    I have three recomendations based on different scenarios:
    Price is an issue: Nexus 5 (if camera is important) or Moto X (if features are important)
    Money is no object: Galaxy Note 3
    Good balance of price and features: LG G2

    The Xperia Z2 also looks fantastic, but I hesitate to recommend a phone I have neither seen nor touched.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

    Default Re: Help choosing a Phone.

    Quote Originally Posted by zorak950 View Post
    They have extremely similar hardware, so it's going to come down to software. The N5 is the cleaner, "vanilla" Android experience and is going to get the faster updates direct from Google, while the G2 is going to have LG's proprietary enhancements, which include better battery life and camera pictures. Personally, I prefer the Nexus, but ideally you should try both and decide for yourself.
    Yeah i think i will just get the Nexus 5. Thanks for the help.
  13. #13  
    z33dev33l's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    145 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,178 Global Posts

    Default Re: Help choosing a Phone.

    Lumia 1520,
    people will harp on me this but you're clearly media-centric and in that regard, it just wins.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Help choosing a Phone.

    I bought the Sony xperia z2. Lovely phone and Android is pretty clean in it. Not so much rubbish like on Samsung phones.

    Posted via Android Central App

Similar Threads

  1. Sont Xperia M help
    By Katie Howells in forum Sony Xperia Series
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-21-2014, 10:52 AM
  2. How to find phone
    By jamak in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-08-2014, 01:17 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-25-2014, 11:21 AM
  4. HELP!! Custom Unlock?? What does it mean
    By grinchy1 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-22-2014, 04:07 PM
  5. HTC One (M7) huge issue. Need help !
    By AlexShterev in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-22-2014, 02:42 PM

Posting Permissions