Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Phone shuts off without warning

So i have a HTC Sensation 4g. My upgrade is next month so only a few more weeks left with it. But it randomly shuts off without warning. Does not matter what I'm doing on it, sometimes even during a phone call. The old battery was going bad so i replaced it with the original, same problem still. Clearing the app cache does not help either. It's annoying because when it happens, it drains the battery to at least half of what it was. For example it will go from 50% to around 25%. Then, it might restart 10 times before it decides to not want to do it. It helps if i start it with the back cover off which has the antennas in the cover and it helps it sometimes. It's dumb because i have a grass cutting business, and when i have to make phone calls for it, it makes them take twice as long as it should. Please help me on this one! Same problem last year, did a factory reset and it fixed it. I have so much stuff with accounts on it it will take the few weeks to get everything back in order on it. Only have a total of 84 apps on the phone. Including the ones i can't install(t mobile bloatware). Please help me out here forum.
    A geek about phones and computers.

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts

Default Re: Phone shuts off without warning

Do you have a case on ur phone? Or something might be pressing the power button (dust?!)

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Phone shuts off without warning

It happens with or without a case. I'm going to try and clean the film off the battery connector and see if that works.
    A geek about phones and computers.