Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ffejjj
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anyone gonna bite on the OnePlus One?

I'm thinking about getting one. I already have a G2 and a Note 3, but I may sell one for the OnePlus One. I'm personally going to wait and see how the camera performs though. Anyone else currious about the new comer to spend $299 or $350 to see if its any good?

Global Posts
    20,811 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Anyone gonna bite on the OnePlus One?

I signed up for the smashing of a device. Just don't know which I would sacrifice.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

I thought the OnePlus One was a invite only thing for the beginning. Also they have some camera pics on there website OnePlus One - OnePlus.net
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    I signed up for the smashing of a device. Just don't know which I would sacrifice.
    I thought about it, but I could sell the Note 3 for more than it'd be worth as a smash device and I think I'd rather part with the Note 3 than the G2 for a OnePlus One

Quote Originally Posted by HapyyGoku View Post
    I thought the OnePlus One was a invite only thing for the beginning. Also they have some camera pics on there website OnePlus One - OnePlus.net
    It is invite only, but I don't think it'll be super hard to come by invites after a month or so. I know they had picture samples on their website, but they left me with questions. Usually, the sample photos on a manufacturer website look better than anything your average person will take with the phone, and the pictures on that site, while good, were not spectacular. This makes me think that they are either being honest in the camera quality department and showing us what actual users will be able to do OR that the camera software is crap. I'd rather wait till reviewers sort that out.

Global Posts
    20,811 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by jdevenberg View Post
    I thought about it, but I could sell the Note 3 for more than it'd be worth as a smash device and I think I'd rather part with the Note 3 than the G2 for a OnePlus One
    Very true. For me, I don't have any devices I could easily sell to cover the cost for a new one.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Quote Originally Posted by jdevenberg View Post

It is invite only, but I don't think it'll be super hard to come by invites after a month or so. I know they had picture samples on their website, but they left me with questions. Usually, the sample photos on a manufacturer website look better than anything your average person will take with the phone, and the pictures on that site, while good, were not spectacular. This makes me think that they are either being honest in the camera quality department and showing us what actual users will be able to do OR that the camera software is crap. I'd rather wait till reviewers sort that out.
    Yeah i understand. Techradar got to use it but didn't show what the camera was like.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

I guess it depends on how many are around. It might be one of them short on demand devices. Where getting one could be rare. If they have good support and easy to buy I might consider it...Looks nice on paper and on the web anyways. I will wait to see what the reviews say.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,178 Global Posts

What's this "Smash a Device"

A quick video came out by Android Authority comparing the OnePlus One and the Oppo Find 7a

Nice phone, wish it didn't have the capacitive buttons, but it's top notch outside of that.

But I don't have any compelling reasons to unload my Nexus 5, so no go.

I'm certainly going to keep an eye on things though...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

You can switch between capacitive or onscreen buttons

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    LG G3
    Ambassador

I kinda don't want to just to spite their dumb *** marketing

I'm going to wait until it's in people's hands and reviewed until I decide whether I want one.