Looking for a new 10 inch tablet, suggestions?

Incitatus

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I currently own a v2 Galaxy Tab, Asus PadSmart. Not overly happy with the Asus, but it may likely be the bloatware. Pretty much feel the tablet was ignored by Asus as soon as it launched.

I'm after a 32gb (min) Wi-Fi model. Was waiting for the v4 Samsung, but the specs didn't overly impress me too much. Didn't see a 32gb model either. My Asus was a 16gb model, and it just isn't large enough for how I use tablets. I would prefer a model that gets some Cyanogen and XDA love

What is the best tablet out there, or coming out soon? Samsung Pro line?

Thank you in advance!

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
I recommend the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1.
I have the Note Pro which is 12.2 and has the stylus, but if I absolutely had to size down, I would go with the Tab Pro. They're just awesome tablets from every angle.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I am also waiting for a good 10" tab to be released and tbh I think the next Nexus 10 will be it. I have the original Asus Transformer and I recently bought an LG G-Pad 8.3 but its to replace my original Nexus 7 which my 8yr son has taken ownership of. Sadly nothing will replace all the functionality my TF-101 has with KitKat and all the ports and down right crazy amounts of battery life I get with the dock attached.

z33dev33l

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Have you considered a windows tablet? You can play all your android apps plus the full windows suite and there's some mindblowing 10 inch windows tablets.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I tried some of the Windows Tablets and the Surface pro 2 but if you have a really good home PC none of the tablet seem any good when running apps. They only runs Windows and MS related apps any good. Now if you don't have a PC or it is really old I could see being impressed with some of the Win8 tabs but other wise they still need some time.

As for Android tablets they easily out shine their smaller brethren.

z33dev33l

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
But they can run a full android suite.. So they can do all android can do and then some. I mean, I have an 8 inch tablet that runs skyrim with good touch controls.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
With Splashtop my Android can do everything my PC can already. I play Wow and Skyrim on highest settings without a problem. And if your trying to say BlueStacks can run everything from Android then you have not tried using it much because it has massive limitations.

Best part is I can play the same copy of Skyrim anywhere and I don't have to have multiple installs on each device with the 150+ mods I like to use which would cripple any Windows tablet with its measly 4gb-8gb RAM.

z33dev33l

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
With Splashtop my Android can do everything my PC can already. I play Wow and Skyrim on highest settings without a problem. And if your trying to say BlueStacks can run everything from Android then you have not tried using it much because it has massive limitations.

Best part is I can play the same copy of Skyrim anywhere and I don't have to have multiple installs on each device with the 150+ mods I like to use which would cripple any Windows tablet with its measly 4gb-8gb RAM.

That's two devices, one costing several hundred dollars and at that point you're just remote desktopping it. I can play this without wifi on a device that costs $199 and actual, I've been beta testing the andy software. Bluestacks is garbage.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
That's two devices, one costing several hundred dollars and at that point you're just remote desktopping it. I can play this without wifi on a device that costs $199 and actual, I've been beta testing the andy software. Bluestacks is garbage.

Well I guess it is clear your perfectly happy with horrible quality and good for you. I have enjoyed high quality & high performance devices and can't step down that far while still paying even $199 for junk. I spent more on the mount for my monitors.

The one actually costs more in the couple of thousand dollars.

z33dev33l

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Well I guess it is clear your perfectly happy with horrible quality and good for you. I have enjoyed high quality & high performance devices and can't step down that far while still paying even $199 for junk. I spent more on the mount for my monitors.

The one actually costs more in the couple of thousand dollars.

I have a gaming desktop that I built for 800 dollars that I could remote in on. That's not the question at hand. The Windows tablet is simply the more capable of the two with a lot more to offer.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I have a gaming desktop that I built for 800 dollars that I could remote in on. That's not the question at hand. The Windows tablet is simply the more capable of the two with a lot more to offer.

Ok that explains it you don't even have a real concept of a gaming computer if you fell for one of those ads/youtubers claiming to build awesome gaming computers on a budget.

Please if you don't believe anything I have said please at least believe that YES you can get alot more from spending alot more. There is a very good reason the high-end systems sell.

I am going to leave this thread now since without reality there is no bases to argue within.

z33dev33l

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Ok that explains it you don't even have a real concept of a gaming computer if you fell for one of those ads/youtubers claiming to build awesome gaming computers on a budget.

Please if you don't believe anything I have said please at least believe that YES you can get alot more from spending alot more. There is a very good reason the high-end systems sell.

I am going to leave this thread now since without reality there is no bases to argue within.

I'd say 16 gigs of ram, liquid cooling, an 02G-P4-2761-KR GeForce GTX 760 V video card, 1 terabyte SSD (upgradeable, will do if necessary), and all the other bells and whistles is more than sufficient to run any high end game currently on the market. I never learned to build from youtube as, like on my phones, I block all Google services. I've been building computers for some time.

Still comes down to the topic at hand, the windows tablet can do anything the android tablet can do and then some.