Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Looking for a new 10 inch tablet, suggestions?

    I currently own a v2 Galaxy Tab, Asus PadSmart. Not overly happy with the Asus, but it may likely be the bloatware. Pretty much feel the tablet was ignored by Asus as soon as it launched.

    I'm after a 32gb (min) Wi-Fi model. Was waiting for the v4 Samsung, but the specs didn't overly impress me too much. Didn't see a 32gb model either. My Asus was a 16gb model, and it just isn't large enough for how I use tablets. I would prefer a model that gets some Cyanogen and XDA love

    What is the best tablet out there, or coming out soon? Samsung Pro line?

    Thank you in advance!
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Looking for a new 10 inch tablet, suggestions?

    I recommend the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1.
    I have the Note Pro which is 12.2 and has the stylus, but if I absolutely had to size down, I would go with the Tab Pro. They're just awesome tablets from every angle.
    Incitatus likes this.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Looking for a new 10 inch tablet, suggestions?

    I am also waiting for a good 10" tab to be released and tbh I think the next Nexus 10 will be it. I have the original Asus Transformer and I recently bought an LG G-Pad 8.3 but its to replace my original Nexus 7 which my 8yr son has taken ownership of. Sadly nothing will replace all the functionality my TF-101 has with KitKat and all the ports and down right crazy amounts of battery life I get with the dock attached.
  4. #4  
    z33dev33l's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    145 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,187 Global Posts

    Default Re: Looking for a new 10 inch tablet, suggestions?

    Have you considered a windows tablet? You can play all your android apps plus the full windows suite and there's some mindblowing 10 inch windows tablets.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Looking for a new 10 inch tablet, suggestions?

    I tried some of the Windows Tablets and the Surface pro 2 but if you have a really good home PC none of the tablet seem any good when running apps. They only runs Windows and MS related apps any good. Now if you don't have a PC or it is really old I could see being impressed with some of the Win8 tabs but other wise they still need some time.

    As for Android tablets they easily out shine their smaller brethren.
  6. #6  
    z33dev33l's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    145 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,187 Global Posts

    Default Re: Looking for a new 10 inch tablet, suggestions?

    But they can run a full android suite.. So they can do all android can do and then some. I mean, I have an 8 inch tablet that runs skyrim with good touch controls.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Looking for a new 10 inch tablet, suggestions?

    With Splashtop my Android can do everything my PC can already. I play Wow and Skyrim on highest settings without a problem. And if your trying to say BlueStacks can run everything from Android then you have not tried using it much because it has massive limitations.

    Best part is I can play the same copy of Skyrim anywhere and I don't have to have multiple installs on each device with the 150+ mods I like to use which would cripple any Windows tablet with its measly 4gb-8gb RAM.
  8. #8  
    z33dev33l's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    145 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,187 Global Posts

    Default Re: Looking for a new 10 inch tablet, suggestions?

    Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    With Splashtop my Android can do everything my PC can already. I play Wow and Skyrim on highest settings without a problem. And if your trying to say BlueStacks can run everything from Android then you have not tried using it much because it has massive limitations.

    Best part is I can play the same copy of Skyrim anywhere and I don't have to have multiple installs on each device with the 150+ mods I like to use which would cripple any Windows tablet with its measly 4gb-8gb RAM.
    That's two devices, one costing several hundred dollars and at that point you're just remote desktopping it. I can play this without wifi on a device that costs $199 and actual, I've been beta testing the andy software. Bluestacks is garbage.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Looking for a new 10 inch tablet, suggestions?

    Quote Originally Posted by z33dev33l View Post
    That's two devices, one costing several hundred dollars and at that point you're just remote desktopping it. I can play this without wifi on a device that costs $199 and actual, I've been beta testing the andy software. Bluestacks is garbage.
    Well I guess it is clear your perfectly happy with horrible quality and good for you. I have enjoyed high quality & high performance devices and can't step down that far while still paying even $199 for junk. I spent more on the mount for my monitors.

    The one actually costs more in the couple of thousand dollars.
  10. #10  
    z33dev33l's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    145 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,187 Global Posts

    Default Re: Looking for a new 10 inch tablet, suggestions?

    Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    Well I guess it is clear your perfectly happy with horrible quality and good for you. I have enjoyed high quality & high performance devices and can't step down that far while still paying even $199 for junk. I spent more on the mount for my monitors.

    The one actually costs more in the couple of thousand dollars.
    I have a gaming desktop that I built for 800 dollars that I could remote in on. That's not the question at hand. The Windows tablet is simply the more capable of the two with a lot more to offer.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Looking for a new 10 inch tablet, suggestions?

    Quote Originally Posted by z33dev33l View Post
    I have a gaming desktop that I built for 800 dollars that I could remote in on. That's not the question at hand. The Windows tablet is simply the more capable of the two with a lot more to offer.
    Ok that explains it you don't even have a real concept of a gaming computer if you fell for one of those ads/youtubers claiming to build awesome gaming computers on a budget.

    Please if you don't believe anything I have said please at least believe that YES you can get alot more from spending alot more. There is a very good reason the high-end systems sell.

    I am going to leave this thread now since without reality there is no bases to argue within.
  12. #12  
    z33dev33l's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    145 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,187 Global Posts

    Default Re: Looking for a new 10 inch tablet, suggestions?

    Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    Ok that explains it you don't even have a real concept of a gaming computer if you fell for one of those ads/youtubers claiming to build awesome gaming computers on a budget.

    Please if you don't believe anything I have said please at least believe that YES you can get alot more from spending alot more. There is a very good reason the high-end systems sell.

    I am going to leave this thread now since without reality there is no bases to argue within.
    I'd say 16 gigs of ram, liquid cooling, an 02G-P4-2761-KR GeForce GTX 760 V video card, 1 terabyte SSD (upgradeable, will do if necessary), and all the other bells and whistles is more than sufficient to run any high end game currently on the market. I never learned to build from youtube as, like on my phones, I block all Google services. I've been building computers for some time.

    Still comes down to the topic at hand, the windows tablet can do anything the android tablet can do and then some.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Looking for a new 10 inch tablet, suggestions?

    I know that this is a android site, but I honestly think the iPad air is going to be the best 10 inch tab!et.

Similar Threads

  1. Smash your current phone for a $1 OnePlus One
    By dpham00 in forum OnePlus One
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 06-01-2014, 11:30 PM
  2. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-27-2014, 06:47 AM
  3. Initial impressions on my new nexus 5
    By chaingangritesh in forum Google Nexus 5
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-24-2014, 09:38 AM

Posting Permissions